Copy of Outgoing Messages

Post by Faiza » Mon, 02 Jul 2001 19:32:53

I need to send a copy of all outgoing mails send to the
administrator automatically. Is there a way to do it in
OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Pls help

Copy of Outgoing Messages

Post by Michael Santove » Tue, 03 Jul 2001 09:14:09

No.

If you only want to do New messages (not replies), you can start a message, fill in the CC or
BCC for the administrator, do a File, Save As to an EML file.  Then to send a message, double
click EML file and complete the message.

To do it automatically with OE, you would have to capture the messages at the SMTP mail server.

>I need to send a copy of all outgoing mails send to the
>administrator automatically. Is there a way to do it in
>OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Pls help

Copy of Outgoing Messages

Post by Faiza » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 15:51:54

I need this done automatically. How could I catch the
outgoing mail on the SMTP server If I'm using Micrsoft
Exchange Server or any other third party software as the
SMTP for the network. I can acheive this for all incoming
mails with aliasing, but for outgoing.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>No.

>If you only want to do New messages (not replies), you

can start a message, fill in the CC or
Quote:>BCC for the administrator, do a File, Save As to an EML

file.  Then to send a message, double
Quote:>click EML file and complete the message.

>To do it automatically with OE, you would have to capture

the messages at the SMTP mail server.
Quote:

>--

>Mike -

http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

Quote:>>I need to send a copy of all outgoing mails send to the
>>administrator automatically. Is there a way to do it in
>>OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Pls help

>.

Copy of Outgoing Messages

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 16:45:53

If you were using an Exchange Server, you could turn Message Journaling on:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/4/27.ASP
XADM: How to Enable Message Journaling in Exchange Server 5.5
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/1/22.ASP
XIMS: Internet Mail Service Extension Message Journaling

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   NBC-IN

> I need this done automatically. How could I catch the
> outgoing mail on the SMTP server If I'm using Micrsoft
> Exchange Server or any other third party software as the
> SMTP for the network. I can acheive this for all incoming
> mails with aliasing, but for outgoing.

1. Too many copies of outgoing messages

I use Pro 3.0 and I don't know if this is Pro-specific.

The problem is this:

I use filters to transfer outgoing messages with "Keep copies of outgoing
mail" option on.  I would also like to turn on "Automatically Fcc to
original mailbox" option, but then if I _reply_ to a message in the box the
outgoing message will end up by filtering, Eudora would transfer _two_
copies of the same message to the mailbox.

Having two mailboxes for a correspondent (one for "In" and one for "Out")
seems a bit obscure to me, and I wonder if this can be resolved in a more
elegant way than disabling filters for outgoing messages.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

H.

2. A basic ASP.NET question

3. Saving copies of outgoing messages

4. "Equivalence" (20/28) c.be FAQ

5. Copy of outgoing message

6. Zool Help

7. Saving copies of outgoing messages

8. COM port, under NT, parity error & associated byte

9. Getting copies of outgoing messages

10. Copy of outgoing messages

11. Help: how to copy all outgoing messages into outbox folder?

12. Keeping copies of outgoing messages

13. Saving copies of outgoing messages