annoying mails

Post by B.C. Raje » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello folks,
        I have been getting annoying mails and all that i have got is their
        email address, is it possible to find out further details of the
        person with just their email address ?
        Well I have tried a couple of people search on the net but of use.

Thanks
Rajeev

annoying mails

Post by Hap » Sat, 28 Nov 1998 04:00:00

you can try fingering them

you can also do a search of them via usenet, to get an idea of what they're
like.

you can also mail bomb their ass.

Quote:

> Hello folks,
>    I have been getting annoying mails and all that i have got is their
>    email address, is it possible to find out further details of the
>         person with just their email address ?
>    Well I have tried a couple of people search on the net but of use.

> Thanks
> Rajeev

annoying mails

Post by Arthur Emerson I » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> you can also mail bomb their ass.

...Which will result in getting YOUR ass thrown in jail for 5 years,
massive fines, and civil liability under 18 USC 1030 (a)(5).  If you don't
believe me, search on "Dominick LaScala" at your favorite web search
engine.

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights did make an airplane....."

annoying mails

Post by Fred Lenk Sendmail acct » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

2 of the tools I use are nslookup against either their ip address or
fully qualified domain name (fqdn or canonical name), and whois against the
fqdn. Unfortunately, MS Windows have neither of these by default, but most
Unix boxes do. Sometimes, but rarely, finger can be used.
fred

> Date:          26 Nov 1998 06:22:50 GMT

> Subject:       annoying mails

> Hello folks,
>    I have been getting annoying mails and all that i have got is their
>    email address, is it possible to find out further details of the
>         person with just their email address ?
>    Well I have tried a couple of people search on the net but of use.

> Thanks
> Rajeev

Fred Lenk Sendmail acct

Recumbent bike rider http://www.lenk.net/tbolt.htm