Help: sendmail vs. ftp?

Post by Brad Knowle » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 07:52:20

Quote:> Hi, netter

> According to the technical reference, I've already configured sendmail.cf.
> As result, the email system is OK. The name address can be recognized.
> Unfortunately, when I want to access a remote machine by ftp, the name
> address of the machine isn't recognized. My current machine is Sun Sparc
> classic with sunOS4.1.3+X11R5. I would appreciate it if anyone could give
> me any tip.

    Sounds to me like a DNS problem -- your machine isn't in the DNS,
or maybe the machine you're ftp'ing from doesn't use the DNS.

    The folks in the comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains usenet newsgroup
may be able to help.

        -Brad

--

The above opinions are entirely the responsibility and property of the
author.  They do not necessarily reflect the official position of the

1. Help: sendmail vs. ftp?

Hi, netter

According to the technical reference, I've already configured sendmail.cf.
As result, the email system is OK. The name address can be recognized.
Unfortunately, when I want to access a remote machine by ftp, the name
address of the machine isn't recognized. My current machine is Sun Sparc
classic with sunOS4.1.3+X11R5. I would appreciate it if anyone could give
me any tip.

Cheers,

Ke Chen

P.S. email response is perfered.

2. =====OUTCAST:NEW KILLER GAME=====

3. sendmail 8.6 vs SunOS 4.1 vs -Bstatic vs frozen cf?

4. How do you turn off the feature that hides items that you haven't looked at in awhile?

5. No "Disconnect box"

6. UUCP vs MCI Mail vs AT&T Mail vs Compuserve vs ??

7. Converting B shares to A Shares

8. Sendmail vs Sendmail+IDA vs Smail ???

9. URGENT: Can't login to ftp server ftp.cac.washington.edu

10. Mush vs. Elm vs. MH vs. ...

11. sendmail vs smail vs ???

12. Milters vs Sendmail access list vs DNSBLs