receive video not displaying but being recieved

receive video not displaying but being recieved

Post by Paul » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:46:27

Hi,

Everything seems to working as normal apart from the incoming video
which is VERY selective who gets displayed in my window. Watching the
data transfer in the modem window it would appear to be getting to my
machine but it doesn't display in the window. I have tried both 2.1
and 3.01, still no different.Video leaves the machine fine, audio is
ok too. Machine is a P3-500, 256mb, Nvidia TNT2 video, directx6.1, PC
is the gateway onto the net for my other machine as well, running ICS
(my nic ip is 192.168.0.1), dial up 56k access, no other
software/firewall  running etc etc.....err, help please?

Paul

receive video not displaying but being recieved

Post by Brian Sullivan - NetMeeting MV » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:51:57

Quote:> Hi,

> Everything seems to working as normal apart from the incoming video
> which is VERY selective who gets displayed in my window. Watching the
> data transfer in the modem window it would appear to be getting to my
> machine but it doesn't display in the window. I have tried both 2.1
> and 3.01, still no different.Video leaves the machine fine, audio is
> ok too. Machine is a P3-500, 256mb, Nvidia TNT2 video, directx6.1, PC
> is the gateway onto the net for my other machine as well, running ICS
> (my nic ip is 192.168.0.1), dial up 56k access, no other
> software/firewall  running etc etc.....err, help please?

I can't tell from your information whether audio is received with no
problem -- if not then ICS is probably a factor in your problem.
What happens if you disable ICS ?

receive video not displaying but being recieved

Post by Paul » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:19:25

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:51:57 -0500, "Brian Sullivan - NetMeeting MVP"

>I can't tell from your information whether audio is received with no
>problem -- if not then ICS is probably a factor in your problem.
>What happens if you disable ICS ?

Hi Brian,

Audio is fine, both coming in and going out, everytime, its just the
video. I have disabled ICS and 4 out of 4 calls have been successful
with recieved video so it does point to it, what causes it, is there a
workaround cos its a pain in the rear if they can't coexist? Thanks
for your help.

Paul

Post by Brian Sulliva » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:02:38

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:51:57 -0500, "Brian Sullivan - NetMeeting MVP"

> >I can't tell from your information whether audio is received with no
> >problem -- if not then ICS is probably a factor in your problem.
> >What happens if you disable ICS ?

> Hi Brian,

> Audio is fine, both coming in and going out, everytime, its just the
> video. I have disabled ICS and 4 out of 4 calls have been successful
> with recieved video so it does point to it, what causes it, is there a
> workaround cos its a pain in the rear if they can't coexist? Thanks

I can't see where ICS is a factor in your problem if you receive audio ok --
if it was the cause ( and it very well could be) then both incoming audio
and video would be affected.