Outlook Express 6.0 and e-mails

Post by nascarbo » Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:30:06

When i receive e-mails I cannot open them. I keep getting
this message "Windows cannot find Program.exe"
This program is needed for opening files of type Earthlink
Mail message.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated. I can
forward to sbcglobal.net e-mail address and open but have
problem editing at that address before sending e-mail on
to friends.

Outlook Express 6.0 and e-mails

Post by Michael Santove » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 12:42:56

Those are probably EML files, which are forwarded messages.  Earthlink changes the file
association for those from Outlook Express to Earthlink.  If you uninstall Earthlink, you
can no longer read EML files until you reset them to Outlook Express.

You can get to File Associations via:
 - My Computer
 - View (Win95/98/NT4/Me) or Tools (Win2000 or WinXP) menu
 - Folder Options (or Options)
 - File Types
 - Scroll down to the desired File Type
 - Click on EDIT (Win95/98/NT4) or CHANGE (WinME, Win2000 or WinXP)
 - Select the OPEN action, then click EDIT

To set (or reset) OE for "EML files (Outlook Express/Earthlink Mail Message)"
Application Used...:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\MSIMN.EXE"   /eml:%1

Quote:> When i receive e-mails I cannot open them. I keep getting