Using Outlook to send mail to folks w/out MIME support

Using Outlook to send mail to folks w/out MIME support

Post by Jon 'tex' Boon » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Folks,

     When I use Outlook (from Office 97) to send email to people who do
not have MIME support, the end of each line that has been automatically
wrapped by Word ends with an "=".  Lines which have not been wrapped
(i.e., those which I hit a "return" to end) do not have this code there.

     How do I disable this annoyance?

chance to read news very often.

Using Outlook to send mail to folks w/out MIME support

Post by Jon 'tex' Boon » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Folks,

     When I use Outlook (from Office 97) to send email to people who do
not have MIME support, the end of each line that has been automatically
wrapped by Word ends with an "=".  Lines which have not been wrapped
(i.e., those which I hit a "return" to end) do not have this code there.

     How do I disable this annoyance?

chance to read news very often.

Using Outlook to send mail to folks w/out MIME support

Post by Mike » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

there is an outlook97 news group, ask questions there for fater
better response.

--

NOclubie,Nomvp,Noclubwin
Noteamgates, just

> Folks,

>      When I use Outlook (from Office 97) to send email to people
who do
> not have MIME support, the end of each line that has been
automatically
> wrapped by Word ends with an "=".  Lines which have not been
wrapped
> (i.e., those which I hit a "return" to end) do not have this code
there.

>      How do I disable this annoyance?

> chance to read news very often.

Using Outlook to send mail to folks w/out MIME support

Post by Michael J. Day [ HeatWave Media » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

This is what your looking for.

Character Sets

The Internet Mail service under Windows Messaging allows a user to choose
US ASCII or ISO 8859-1 character sets. The reason the difference is
important is that whether you are using Messaging or not, often times "="
signs appear at the ends of message lines. If you or another user you
correspond with routinely experience this problem, there are three possible
ways to eliminate the "=" signs at the end of lines. First, change the
character set from ISO-8859-1 (the default in IMN) to US ASCII. Although no
such setting is immediately or obviously available in Internet Mail and
News, there is a String Value entitled "Default Charset" in the registry
for both the News and Mail folders located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER \
Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Mail and News. You may edit this String
Value and insert US ASCII and IMN will function just fine, with a couple of
qualifications. Under ISO-8859-1, you get to select different fonts and
users can see colored text when you are reading if you have set it that way
under Mail | Options | Font. Using US ASCII, the only option that Mail
accepts, even if you select a different font and color, is Arial 10 and the
color of read text is black. Second, go to Mail | Options | Send | Plain
Text | Settings and select UUEncode for message formatting. Finally, again
in Mail | Options | Send | Plain Text | Settings, decrease the wordwrap to
less than less than 76 characters.

original works from http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/edm/