pine395: Compose doesn't clear screen or display message header

pine395: Compose doesn't clear screen or display message header

Post by Kevin Roosdah » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have been using pine393 on AIX unix.  After upgrading to pine395, I have
noticed several times now that when I press "C" to compose a new message,
it seems like nothing happened.  But the program is actually waiting for me
to enter the header information for the message.  Pressing Ctrl-C will
prompt me to cancel the message.

It does not clear the screen and it does not display any part of the new
message header.

This would happen once in a blue moon with the old version, but it happens
about 1 out of 3 times when using the new version.

I am using NetTerm terminal emulation on Win95 emulating a VT100 terminal.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a solution?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

pine395: Compose doesn't clear screen or display message header

Post by Kong Sing Yeon » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Happened to me too!

All you have to do is to press Ctrl-L (This "refreshes" the screen)

(it has always worked for me,...if it doesn't, just cancel and compose
again.)

Sing Yeong

> I have been using pine393 on AIX unix.  After upgrading to pine395, I have
> noticed several times now that when I press "C" to compose a new message,
> it seems like nothing happened.  But the program is actually waiting for me
> to enter the header information for the message.  Pressing Ctrl-C will
> prompt me to cancel the message.

> It does not clear the screen and it does not display any part of the new
> message header.

> This would happen once in a blue moon with the old version, but it happens
> about 1 out of 3 times when using the new version.

> I am using NetTerm terminal emulation on Win95 emulating a VT100 terminal.

> Has anyone else experienced this or know of a solution?

> Your help is appreciated.

> Thanks!

1. Telnet doesn't clear the screen

We are using telnet to connect to an AIX 4.2 server to use PINE via VT100
term emulation.  Sometimes (not all the time) when we press "r" to reply
to a message, the screen does not clear and we see the compose screen
through the last screen that we were viewing.  In other words,
splatterings of both are on the screen simultaneously.  If we press ctrl-L
to redraw the screen, everything is back to normal.  Has anyone heard of
this before? Any ideas?  Thanks a bunch!

Regards,
Bob

    Coordinator of Technical Services          (317)494-2658 work
    Purdue University   http://www.soe.purdue.edu/staff/misc/bob/
    School of Education, LAEB 6139             (317)494-5832  fax

 "Computer: hour upon hour of complexity for a moment of simplicity"

2. Will XEmacs use `XEmacs' as its application class?

3. Pine 4.50 doesn't display pgp signed messages

4. Memory Limits in 3.3?

5. My "dumb" terminal can't clear screen

6. Problem with PTR records and resolver buffer

7. newsgroups won't display through outlook express6 just blank screen

8. esdi to scsi

9. Folders list doesn't fit on screen

10. problem: screen doesn't refresh (AIX)

11. PC-Pine 4.33 black startup screen on WinNT [doesn't close]

12. Outlook Express doesn't display full email address of recipient