nickname of nicknames

Post by Scott Gru » Wed, 12 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Is there an easy way to make a nickname of a bunch of nicknames?
> I.e. say I have nicknames a through b and then wish to make a nickname
> "alphabet" which sends to a through b.  Do I need to type in:
>   a,b,c,....,z or can I highlight the nicknames and drag them over to the
> new nickname area?

> Thanks,

> Andrew

> --
> ________________________________
> Andrew Starr                       _____________./'>

> http://www.amherst.edu/~atstarr    |_________ _  {__/'>  of Massachusetts
> ________________________________             ' \__.,/'

Just open up the address book, select the nicknames, then hit Command-K
(or Choose Make Address Book Entry from the menu)...enter the new nickname
and presto! You now have a nickname of those nicknames.

--
Scott Gruby

nickname of nicknames

Post by Ron Murra » Mon, 17 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> =
> Is there an easy way to make a nickname of a bunch of nicknames?
> I.e. say I have nicknames a through b and then wish to make a nickname
> "alphabet" which sends to a through b.  Do I need to type in:
>   a,b,c,....,z or can I highlight the nicknames and drag them over to the=
> new nickname area?
> =
> Thanks,
> =
> Andrew
> =
> --
> ________________________________
> Andrew Starr                       _____________./'>

> http://www.veryComputer.com/~atstarr    |_________ _  {__/'>  of Massachusetts=
> ________________________________             ' \__.,/'

I tried the easy ways to do this, with no success. The best, least =

cumbersome to "group" several names. (This is MAC talk)
Create new nick for the group
go to TOM (left) and hilite & copy address (right)
repeat for*,
repeat for HARRY
Save and you have "The Guys" w/their 3 addresses
Ron
-- =

=AE=AE=AE    =DD=DD=DD=DD=DD         "One of man's oldest human needs is ha=
ving
=AE  =AE     =DD              someone to wonder where you are        =

=AE =AE      =DD            when you don't come home at night." =

=AE  =AE     =DD                        Anthropologist Margret Mead

nickname of nicknames

Post by Andrew Sta » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

|> =
|
|> Is there an easy way to make a nickname of a bunch of nicknames?
|> I.e. say I have nicknames a through b and then wish to make a nickname
|> "alphabet" which sends to a through b.  Do I need to type in:
|>   a,b,c,....,z or can I highlight the nicknames and drag them over to the
|> new nickname area?

The best answer I got was to go into "nickname" (or "address book") window
and select multiple nicknames (either contiguous or non-contiguous if one
can remembner the modifier keys required for non-contiguous -- posted here
a couple of weeks ago).

Then just do "make nickname" or "make address book entry."

Thanks!

-Andrew

--
________________________________
Andrew Starr                    _____________./'>

http://www.amherst.edu/~atstarr |_________ _  {__/'> of Massachusetts
________________________________          ' \__.,/'
my Eudora page is at: http://www.amherst.edu/~atstarr/eudora
Please do not send me attached files without asking me first.

nickname of nicknames

Post by Hank Zimmerm » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> |> =
> |
> |> Is there an easy way to make a nickname of a bunch of nicknames?
> |> I.e. say I have nicknames a through b and then wish to make a nickname
> |> "alphabet" which sends to a through b.  Do I need to type in:
> |>   a,b,c,....,z or can I highlight the nicknames and drag them over to the
> |> new nickname area?

> The best answer I got was to go into "nickname" (or "address book") window
> and select multiple nicknames (either contiguous or non-contiguous if one
> can remembner the modifier keys required for non-contiguous -- posted here
> a couple of weeks ago).

I think it is standard Apple GUI:

Shift-Click selects contiguous members (all between the selected and
shift-selected)

Command-Click selects non-contiguous members.

--
As always,
Hank Zimmerman

1. removing nickname from nickname group?

Hello,

I'm using Eudora 5.1 under OS X (10.1.5).

Is there a way to cause a nickname to be removed from a nickname group
when the nickname itself is deleted?  Now, it's a 2-step operation for
me: delete nickname and then delete the corresponding entry from the
group that it had been added to.

Please copy me when you repond.

Thanks,

Warren

2. After upgrade to 5, Notes is slow!!!!

3. Adding Nickname Files and Folders? - Nickname Aliases [Importing]

4. CD to CD (Audio or Data)

5. Why doesn't "Expand Nicknames Immediately" not also "Finish Nickname"?

6. New PPC board - Twister!!

7. Mac Nicknames > Windows Nicknames

8. Security option grayed out. FP2K Help!

9. Mac Nicknames -> Windows Nicknames

10. Nickname file problem. How to share the same nickname between the PC & Mac versions of Eudora?

11. Export Nicknames field Outlook

12. New Technology: Change your IRC NickName