Upside Down

Post by J. Randy Mitchel » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:56:39

My friend is using XP Pro and a cheapie *. The picture is fine in
Yahoo, but is upside down in Netmeeting. He says he sees his image right
side up, but it's upside down on my end. A Google search came up with a
number of other people having the same problem, but no solutions. I realize
some of the threads I researched were dated back months and some even a few
years back, as well, but I haven't seen a solution as of yet. Any ideas or
directions to point me to resolve this?

TIA

1. Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Hi,

I use netmeeting (latest 3388 version) with a pinnacle PCTV tv capture
board and a hi-8 camcorder. This gives good picture quality (but it's
big).

The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

I know some people had the same problem but I didn't found an answer on
deja news (hmm, I mean google).

I guess it's just a simple parameter in the registry because when I
installed it on another partition for testing, it has worked for some
time but later the picture was upside down again.

Note that I use this capture board with other programs : many TV apps,
VirtualDub, Studio and never had this problem. It's only with Netmeeting.

Does anyone know a solution ?

(and yes, I put the camcorder upside down on my desk, but this is just a
temporary solution as I cant use a tripod with the camcorder upside down,
and my local monitor view is upside down too, because the upside down
effect only appears on the distant PC).

TIA.

--

2. Useful Palm PDA resources for Healthcare Professionals

3. upside down

4. How do I use text resource IDs in PP/Constructor?

5. Upside Down Video

6. Help : formatting 'unformatted' floppies under Win98SE

7. Video Flicker & Upside Down

8. JNI in CW IDE 2.1

9. Netmeeting - received pic is upside down (xp)

10. Upside down picture

11. Video upside down

12. Why is my picture upside down in the recivers end?

13. picture upside down