customized From: field in "OPTION: Customized-Headers"

Post by Jan Vicher » Mon, 26 May 1997 04:00:00

  Hi.

   I'm sick and tired of receiving email spams.  Every time I post
something to the usenet or email to some public mailing list, I get on
average about 70 email spams. I hate spamming.

   Please help me.
   I want to disguise my email address in the from field, so that only
people who actually read my msgs can find out the real email address. I
tried to add "From:" into customized headers of pine-3.96, but it didn't
show up.

   Please email me patch or something so that I could use that  customized
From: field.

         Thanx,

                 Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
    >>>    Free Software Union President  ...  www.fslu.org    <<<

1. Question: Is "customized-hdrs" "Attchmnt" header possible?

Is it possible to use the unix pine configuration file (.pinerc) or
the setup feature within pine to customize the "Attchmnt" header, thus
sending the same attachment with each outgoing mail message? If so,
details as to how this would be done would be welcome. I've read the
documentation and made some attempts at doing this will no
success. Hopefully I've missed some detail somewhere.

2. Coleco and FMSX emulator probs

3. HELP: customizing user-name in "From: " field

4. I havent....

5. Customized "From:" header and send-mail folder listing

6. Mac 12" RGB Display w/ PC for text mode?

7. Help : "From :" field or "X-Envelope to :" field

8. need a high performance laser printer

9. ".forwarding" a message with a customized subject line?

10. Customize returned-mail for "Unknown user"

11. Customizing "550 User Unknown" Message

12. Change "from" & "date" fields?