Netmeeting - received pic is upside down (xp)

Netmeeting - received pic is upside down (xp)

Post by Tom » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 20:39:29

the recieved picture is upside down - the Video on the
sending pc is normal (both - recieved and "my video")

need some help - thx

Netmeeting - received pic is upside down (xp)

Post by trk » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:08:24

This is very much a FAQ and mainly relatesto capyture cards . The problem
often occurs with the YUY2 pixel format.
The workaround is to use a different pixel format IYUV or YV12 YVU9 all sem
to work.

Other more simple solution is to turn your camera upside down !

Quote:> the recieved picture is upside down - the Video on the
> sending pc is normal (both - recieved and "my video")

> need some help - thx

Netmeeting - received pic is upside down (xp)

Post by Alek » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 10:15:06

Hi i have the same problemmmmm!!!!
in local i see correct immage, but in reality the picture is upside down

Quote:> the recieved picture is upside down - the Video on the
> sending pc is normal (both - recieved and "my video")

> need some help - thx

Netmeeting - received pic is upside down (xp)

Post by trk » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 20:23:33

reasonably common - either get the sender to use the camera upside down or
change the pixel format.
It is an issue with the tuner card - very common with PCTV.

> Hi i have the same problemmmmm!!!!
> in local i see correct immage, but in reality the picture is upside down

> > the recieved picture is upside down - the Video on the
> > sending pc is normal (both - recieved and "my video")

> > need some help - thx

1. Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Hi,

I use netmeeting (latest 3388 version) with a pinnacle PCTV tv capture
board and a hi-8 camcorder. This gives good picture quality (but it's
big).

The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

I know some people had the same problem but I didn't found an answer on
deja news (hmm, I mean google).

I guess it's just a simple parameter in the registry because when I
installed it on another partition for testing, it has worked for some
time but later the picture was upside down again.

Note that I use this capture board with other programs : many TV apps,
VirtualDub, Studio and never had this problem. It's only with Netmeeting.

Does anyone know a solution ?

(and yes, I put the camcorder upside down on my desk, but this is just a
temporary solution as I cant use a tripod with the camcorder upside down,
and my local monitor view is upside down too, because the upside down
effect only appears on the distant PC).

TIA.

--

2. How to Open DSMIV.PDB File?

3. upside-down netmeeting and XP

4. twilightzone animation 6/10

5. Video is received upside down!

6. FS:Soft & Books

7. Netmeeting (Video upside down)

8. Intranet Q with MSIE 4.0!

9. Netmeeting upside down

10. netmeeting - video is upside down

11. I am not receiving mail and am unable to send mail,

12. I am not receiving mail and am unable to send mail

13. OE6 When saving pic by clicking on the pic in message body...