Eudora Light with "leave on server/delete from server" popup?

Eudora Light with "leave on server/delete from server" popup?

Post by Matt Acker » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Is Eudora Light going to have the ability to delete selected messages
from the server anytime soon?   I tried the Eudora Pro demo and that
was the only new feature I used.. I don't need filters or any of that
stuff.  The ability to handle the server account is the only thing I
*personally* use.  Since I don't need all of the other features, I was hoping
this feature may show up in the Light version.  (I admittedly was
starting to lean towards getting the Pro version, but for this one feature and
the fact that I'd only use it at work made me realize that using the mush
mailer to manually nuke messages with a few scripts was a reasonable
alternative.)

I don't know if I missed this in the manual or anything, but it would
be great if there were key-equivalents instead of those popups.  For
example, command-d would be delete here and off the server, and command-shift-d
would be just delete here.. (The user could select which was the default.)
--

These opinions are mine, not Apple's.

1. Eudora "Leave Mail On Server" Problem WAS Re: eudora and mail delete

: >
: >[ Article crossposted from alt.winsock ]
: >[ Author was Dan Kraemer ]
: >[ Posted on 14 Jan 1995 01:31:44 GMT ]
: >

: >
: >I have the same problem.  If I check "Leave Mail On Server", it does
: >that.. It leaves the mail on the server, but say I have one piece of
: >e-mail and Eudora checks for new mail every 5 minutes.   With this
: >setting, Eudora "finds" that same message EVERY five minutes.
: >
: >Basically, I'm asking is anyone who's using the shareware version of
: >Eudora able to leave their mail on their Unix account, and have Eudora
: >read your mail into your computer only once?
: >
: Well it works fine for me, and I know others as well that have one
: Eudora at home with "Leave mail on server" checked and one at work
: with it unchecked. At home it sees "3 new, skipping 5 old" and at
: work it reads in all mails thereby deleting them on the server.
: It isn't recommended to automatically check for new mail more often
: than once every 15th minute, plus it's not, at least not at our
: mailserver, considered nice to only have one account and have
: that one leave the mail on the server. Fills upp pretty quickly.

Well, I have tried "leave mail on server" (in the PD edition) and all
that happens is I get no mail transferred. What version of Eudora
CORRECTLY gets new mail down to the client, marking it as read on the
server???

--

Voice: +61 (0)91 72 0429                     Fax:   +61 (0)91 72 3560
Hedland College, PMB 1, South Hedland WA 6722 Australia

2. Acer 12X CD Rom

3. "Leave messages on server" still deletes mail

4. Toolbar and EPMTeX 31

5. Eudora 4.2: "Leave on server" not working

6. CGI scripts

7. Eudora 5.0bxx: Messages "Received in Error" and left on server

8. what routers does CX-MIP-2CE1 work with ?

9. "Leave on server.." and other annoying Eudora behaviors

10. Policy for Eudora's "Leave Mail on Server"?

11. pop3d for Netscape's "Leave on Server" Option ?

12. "Leave on Server" Setting

13. ?"Leave Mail on Server" with Exchange?