Unable to receive calls

Post by G-mone » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am using netmeeting 2.0 at the university at buffalo and I can make calls
to people but when they try to call me they get the error that I am unable
to receive calls.  When I called somebody else using the university
connection I also get the error that they are unable to receive calls.  Can
anybody help please?

Thank You,
Gary.

Unable to receive calls

Post by Tim Schreck [M » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi Gary!

Do you know what type of connection you have?  Is there a proxy or firewall
involved?  If so, then the appropriate ports on the proxy or firewall may
not be open.  The NetMeeting Resource Kit offers some additional
information on using NetMeeting with proxies or firewalls -
http://www.microsoft.com/netmeeting/reskit.

Another factor might involve Slirp connections, which NetMeeting does not
support.

Tim Schreck
Microsoft NetMeeting Team
http://www.microsoft.com/netmeeting
http://www.ms-normandy.com
--------------------

>Subject: Unable to receive calls

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.internet.netmeeting
>Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:15:11 -0800

>I am using netmeeting 2.0 at the university at buffalo and I can make calls
>to people but when they try to call me they get the error that I am unable
>to receive calls.  When I called somebody else using the university
>connection I also get the error that they are unable to receive calls.  Can
>anybody help please?

>Thank You,
>Gary.

1. Windows 2000 netmeeting unable to receive calls

Hello,

I have the following problem with netmeeting:

Both Windows 2000 boxes have direct connections to the Internet with no
firewalls in between and no firewalls running locally.  IP filtering is
turned off.  My box can reply to pings from anywhere, my collegue's box will
not respond to pings from me, or from any other box, even on that local
network (literally from an IP address one higher than his).  All the other
boxes on his local network respond to pings from me.  I can make and receive
netmeeting calls with others.  When I try to call him, his box basically
ignores it - it's as if he weren't running netmeeting.  Neither can he place
a call to me.  Other video conferencing software works just fine (cu-seeme,
icuii, dualview..etc) but isn't as nice as netmeeting.

We suspect this may have something to do with an install of Apache that my
collegue carried out (it muttered on about disabling some microsoft internet
things).  Does anyone know how to reconfigure some options somewhere so that
netmeeting works?

Thanks,

Ronan

2. POWER SUPLY for Embedded System

3. NetMeeting/Win98 Unable to Receive Call

4. === interview programming questions ===

5. Unable to receive calls from the directory

6. Using AutoLisp to Explode Objects

7. Unable to receive calls (cable connection)

8. Freeze Header ???

9. Unable to receive call - Router issue

10. Netmeeting/W98 Unable to receive calls

11. Unable to receive calls on WinNT 4WS NM/2

12. Unable to receive netmeeting calls using XP

13. I am unable to receive netmeeting calls