Mailbox lock readonly

Post by Nick » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 04:36:35

Hi,
Sometimes I see in my maillog a read-only mailbox that is open by another
process, the popuser cannot get access for a while, is this because mail is
being delivered into it ?
only one user has access to the mailbox so there is no chance of
simultaneous connections.
TIA
Nick.

1. can't open mailbox lock, access is readonly

Since I reinstalled Slackware 3.1 with Pine 3.95, some users have their
inbox locked. The message when opening Pine is
'can't open mailbox lock, access is readonly'
and the result is that they can't delete any mail from Pine (readonly).

I searched all the system, specially /var/spool/mail, for *lock* files but
couldn't find any.

Any hint?? (please e-mail back your reply)

TIA

/-----------------------------------------------------\
|           root (Administrador del Sistema)          |
|           Casa de l'Estudiant, UPC                  |

\-----------------------------------------------------/

2. MicroVAX 3300 - HELP.

3. "Can't open mailbox lock, access is readonly"

4. After Wired4DVD: Blurry monitor?

5. Help: Can't open mailbox lock, access is readonly

6. Desktop Settings

7. Pine under Linux 1.1.59 - Folder Lock/Readonly

8. OleMainThreadWndName:_INS0432._MP - Application Error

9. fcntl locking doesn't work on many NFS clients, mutt can't lock mailbox

10. unable to lock mailbox: no locks available

11. mailbox locking is not locking

12. Still Readonly mailbox after woody upgrade