Cannot open internet link from e-mail in IE6

Cannot open internet link from e-mail in IE6

Post by Bill » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 02:26:48

After installing IE6.0 I cannot click on an internet link
within an e-mail and have it direct me to that web site.
The link is in blue letters and is underlined.  When
clicking on it, it does indicate the web address in the
bar at the boottom of the page, but nothing happens.
Any suggestions?
...Bill

Cannot open internet link from e-mail in IE6

Post by Michael Santove » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:48:23

To use Internet Explorer for URL links, Favorites (especially More Favorites), double-clicking
*.HTM files, etc., :
  - In Internet Explorer, check View, (Internet) Options, Programs, and check the box to make
it the default browser (you may need to close and restart MSIE to take effect)

If the above doesn't help, see:
OE: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Don't Start Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/0/54.asp

OLEXP: Hyperlink With (!) in the Address Does Not Start Web Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q249/6/13.asp

IE6 opens blank (empty) windows
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#blank_windows