Covert Outlook express data files from Macintosh to PC

Covert Outlook express data files from Macintosh to PC

Post by pete » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:25:42

Hi,

any one know a way to convert the:

Database
Database Cache
Mailing Lists
Messages
Preferences
Rules
Schedules
Signatures

files that are in the identities folder on a os9 mac to a
format readable by Outlook or Outlook Express on a PC?

Covert Outlook express data files from Macintosh to PC

Post by Michael Santove » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:51:29

How to Use IMAP to Move Messages Between a PC and a Macintosh in
Entourage, Outlook, or Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311129

Emailchemy Conversion Utility
http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/index.html
Convert to "Folders of individual RFC-822 email files (Plain text)".  These are the same
format as the Windows Outlook Express EML files.  From a DOS/Command prompt you can rename
the text files to EML files (REN *.TXT *.EML), then drag-and-drop the EML files into open
OE mail folders.

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Matt Hov » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:05:22

> From a DOS/Command prompt you can rename
> the text files to EML files (REN *.TXT *.EML), then drag-and-drop the EML files into open
> OE mail folders.

Version 1.5 of Emailchemy allows you to choose between .txt and .eml
extensions for this output format.  Look in the Preferences dialog
(found in the Edit menu).

Matt
Weird Kid Software
http://www.weirdkid.com

1. How to Back up Outlook Express data, reinstall Win98, then Restore Outlook Express Data

Hi - we're about to FDISK our Win98 machine, and need to back-up our Outlook
Express mail/newsgroup folders before we FDISK.  Then, after re-installing
Win98 and Outlook Express, we need to restore our current email and
newsgroup data folders.

Here is our plan for doing this.  Could someone please take a look, and say
if there is a better way, or say where our plan is broken, or if this plan
is a good one then say so for verification?  Thanks very much in advance for
any help.

1) We have never set up any profiles, we just run as Default User.  We
believe this implies we need only back up C:\Program Files\Outlook
Express\Default User.   So, step 1 is to back up that folder (with all
subdirectories) to our Zip drive

2) FDISK and Re-install Win98 and Outlook Express

3) We believe Step 2 will have recreated the folder C:\Program Files\Outlook
Express\Default User.  We intend in Step 3 to destroy it (but we plan to
leave the parent folder \Outlook Express alone).

4) From our Zip drive, Copy the saved \Default User folder (with all
subdirectories) back to C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\.  We believe Step
4 will recreate \Default User in the right place.  And we HOPE that by
simply copying back to this location all of our existing data, that the new
installation of Outlook Express will deal with all our existing data just
fine.

We don't much like blowing away in Step 3 the folder Outlook Express\Default
User.  We'd rather use a method where we restore our data files to some
other location, like c:\OurEmail, and force Outlook Express to store/process
our email data there.  Is that a way to configure Outlook Express to look to
c:\OurEmail?

Thanks again, Susan

2. Urgent Requirement :- 1)Business Analyst ,2)QA Manager

3. Outlook Express 5 - Macintosh - Messages file

4. Exchange Server

5. Outlook Express e-mail file merge with Outlook e-mail file

6. Beta Testers wanted

7. Moving Macintosh E-mail to Outlook 98 PCs???

8. MPEGs with 16bpp Visual

9. Eudora 1.5.1 (Macintosh) to Outlook Express

10. Outlook Express 4 Mac mail into Outlook PC

11. outlook express - where are data stored?

12. Moving Email Data from Outlook Express

13. Recover Outlook Express Data