File association for ".mbx" and ".nch" files?

File association for ".mbx" and ".nch" files?

Post by Sky Kin » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

There should really not be a need for any association with those files.

They are "special" files that Internet Mail and Internet News
(respectively) creates/uses internally.  While you can view them with
Notepad or other text viewers, you certainly would not want to create an
"official" association with some other program as that would induce errors
when using the parent programs.

HTH

--
...Sky  >--[]-

=====================

Quote:> What is the file association I should make to open...

Post by rich » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> What is the file association I should make to open...
>      1.  ".mbx" files?
>      2.  ".nch" files?

These files can be associated with any text editor.

Richard

Riverside, CA

Post by Edd » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

What is the file association I should make to open...
     1.  ".mbx" files?
     2.  ".nch" files?

Thanks.

File association for ".mbx" and ".nch" files?

Post by sachi nom » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

can u kindly tell me which program shud be associated with:"*.gsm" files?
thank u
--

Aloha & best regards (Big Island of Hawaii),
Sachi Noma

> Hi!

> There should really not be a need for any association with those files.

> They are "special" files that Internet Mail and Internet News
> (respectively) creates/uses internally.  While you can view them with
> Notepad or other text viewers, you certainly would not want to create an
> "official" association with some other program as that would induce
errors
> when using the parent programs.

> HTH

> --
> ...Sky  >--[]-

> =====================

> > What is the file association I should make to open...
> >      1.  ".mbx" files?
> >      2.  ".nch" files?

File association for ".mbx" and ".nch" files?

Post by Edd » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Mr. Sky King:

By now, I have already associated the mbx files with Word.  Is there a way
UNassociate mbx files?

Thanks.
Ed

> Hi!

> There should really not be a need for any association with those files.

> They are "special" files that Internet Mail and Internet News
> (respectively) creates/uses internally.  While you can view them with
> Notepad or other text viewers, you certainly would not want to create an
> "official" association with some other program as that would induce
errors
> when using the parent programs.

> HTH

> --
> ...Sky  >--[]-

> =====================

> > What is the file association I should make to open...
> >      1.  ".mbx" files?
> >      2.  ".nch" files?

File association for ".mbx" and ".nch" files?

Post by Mike » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

not sky but maybe it'll be ok,
using explorer, Vew / Options / File Types / scroll down the list
till you find the mbs type, click on it  and then use the remove on
the rght side.
desn't really hurt by being there except for making the association
list a little longer.

--

NOclubie,Nomvp,Noclubwin
Noteamgates, just

> Mr. Sky King:

> By now, I have already associated the mbx files with Word.  Is
there a way
> UNassociate mbx files?

> Thanks.
> Ed

> > Hi!

> > There should really not be a need for any association with those
files.

> > They are "special" files that Internet Mail and Internet News
> > (respectively) creates/uses internally.  While you can view them
with
> > Notepad or other text viewers, you certainly would not want to
create an
> > "official" association with some other program as that would
induce
> errors
> > when using the parent programs.

> > HTH

> > --
> > ...Sky  >--[]-

> > =====================

> > > What is the file association I should make to open...
> > >      1.  ".mbx" files?
> > >      2.  ".nch" files?

1. Help-msg on "P" and "postponed" file -- add "appends to postponed"

It might well be in the manual, but it also should be
added to the interactive HELP cmd, which types out
the bindings.

Add to "P" that it APPENDS to any existing "postponed" file.

WHY is that fact NOT "obvious"?

Because the user, at least this one, uses the
"head -50" (alias head50) cmd as a quick and easy
(and usually effective) way to see what's IN a file,
eg what's been put INTO a file (by some program).

So you don't see the appended stuff.

In fact, since the head-stuff hasn't changed, you're
not quite sure just *what* happened.

(Yeah, yeah, one *should* really use an alias that
types out the (1) date, (2) date/time NOW, some
"head" of the file, then (3) blankspace/dashed-lines,
then some (4) TAIL of the file.  But if we all did
what we "should" do, wouldn't it be a ...)

Thanks,

David

2. HELP! publishing glitch

3. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"

4. v5.5-2 Process Rights problem

5. "@" in outgoing address changing to "-" or "#"

6. P2P and BDE

7. repl questions: inserting ">" and using existing "draft" file

8. How to convert string into variables ?

9. Question re "mailx" and ".mailrc" startup file

10. "we do not relay" error and no "relay_entire_domain.m4" file

11. 553 header syntax error, line " boundary="------------AA16618FBF2C1E89BBF63F31"": No such file or directory

12. outlook Express "View" ""COLUMNS""

13. "T <regex>" Before ";d' & "$", whichOnesARE tagged?