expunge

Post by CrazyJimm » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:15:30

is there a way to expunge deleted newsgroup threads once deleted without
closing and reopening pine?

thanks in advance...

--
-=[CrazyJimmy[=-
                  Don't be a fool and die for you country,

expunge

Post by Eduardo Chapp » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:31:48

:) is there a way to expunge deleted newsgroup threads once deleted
:) without closing and reopening pine?

Yes, press "X". It wors for e-mail too.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

expunge

Post by CrazyJimm » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 05:33:37

Thanks... worked like a charm...

-=]CrazyJimmy[=-

1. Courier-IMAP expunge problem

Hello !

I'm encountering a strange problem with Courier-IMAP 1.5.3, compiled
from the OpenBSD 3.2 package.
Let's explain it by an example : Few hours ago, I had one mailbox with 3
messages. I marked the first for deletion, as it was SPAM, and I hit the
Mulberry's expunge button. But that wasn't the first message who
disappears, but the second ! Horrified, I closed my IMAP client, and
open it again. The second and the third message were in my mailbox, so
that was the good one who was deleted.
As I was curious to find what happened, I reproduce the problem in
another mailbox, and the behaviour was the same : The server make
disappear the wrong message in the index, but he expunges the good one.
Does somebody has the same behaviour with his client ?

I use Mulberry v3, but the problem's still the same with Outlook
Express, I tried. What do you think about it ? Is this a Courrier-IMAP
bug ? I tried compiling the Courrier-IMAP 1.6.2 (last stable) from
source, but no results.

Thanks for any help :-)

--
Lo - Paris, France.

2. Windows mail retriever ?

3. How to expunge messages deleted a long time ago?

4. GVP A1230 II

5. Help, I am Expunged, Cannot decipher, Thoughts?

6. web browsing on the IIIC

7. Have to expunge deleted messages in PINE????

8. Alone in the dark

9. When is Expunge sent in Netscape4.0x?

10. Expunge with Netscape 4.5 on MAC

11. Problems with Expunged Messages

12. Not-expunging IMAP?

13. imap_sync_mailbox: EXPUNGE failed []