rcv via UUCP, send via smtp ?

Post by Mathias Koerb » Thu, 06 Oct 1994 12:59:19

Hi,

I am running sendmail 8.6.9 in a small domain, We have a few machines that
connect to us infrequently via uucp, and deliver mail. They are also
reachable (via a convoluted path) over internet, but one which is
guaranteed to work better than waiting for them to connect to us again.

Now, if I receive mail from one such machine (call it a), via a
dircet uucp connection, I'd like to be able to turn all
answers etc to use another path:

What would be the best way to make sendmail rewrite all addresses of the
form

or
        hosta!user
into the above specimen?

any hints welcome
mathias
--
Mathias Koerber                                      Tel: +65 / 778 00 66 x 29
SW International Systems Pte Ltd                          Fax: +65 / 777 94 01

S'pore 0511       <A HREF=http://www.swi.com.sg/public/personal/mk.html>MK</A>
Democracy is four wolves and one lamb voting on what to have for lunch
                                                                - ??

1. Can′t send via ISDNt send via ISDN, just receive

I use Eudora light 1.5.4 and I have a personal mailbox, a dial-up account, =

with a modem that works just fine at home.
However, when at work I=B4m just able to check and receive new mail - not =

send any!
At work I use Ethernet, Open transport 1.1, Mac 7500, 7.5.3 and an ISDN =

dial-up.
I never get any error numbers, it just stops on "Preparing to transfer".

Can anyone help me configure the settings to make it work?

Bjorn Holm, Stockholm, Sweden

2. cell counters in LS1010 ?

3. MSMail to SMTP/POP3 via UUCP gateway required

4. Capacity Planning - Advice Appreciated

5. Local SMTP delivery with unknown mail routed VIA UUCP to ISP - How to?

6. Looking for 2000s

7. SMTP relay via UUCP

8. sendmail question (SMTP relay via UUCP)

9. mail to X.400 address via UUCP->SMTP->X.400

10. UUCP mail not going out via UUCP to right host

11. Incoming Mail via UUCP: relay=(uucp@localhost) ???

12. using UUCP to send mail to sites in same domain but not available via IP