sendmail doesn't put Message-ID: on local messages.

sendmail doesn't put Message-ID: on local messages.

Post by Diego Martin Zambo » Tue, 31 May 1994 00:03:12

Hi:
        I'm using Ultrix 4.3a (sendmail 5.65/DEC-Ultrix/4.3), and I have a
problem. When I send a message outside of my system, sendmail correctly
adds the "Message-ID:" header. But when I send mail to a local address
it doesn't. How can I fix it? I have some software that needs that
header for mail classification, and it's not working correctly on my
messages because they don't have that header.

        Any help will be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks!

--
 Diego Martin Zamboni         Depto. de Administracion de Supercomputo

 WWW home page: http://www.super.unam.mx/~diego/

Post by Eric Allm » Tue, 31 May 1994 07:13:57

|>   I'm using Ultrix 4.3a (sendmail 5.65/DEC-Ultrix/4.3), and I have a
|> problem. When I send a message outside of my system, sendmail correctly
|> adds the "Message-ID:" header. But when I send mail to a local address
|> it doesn't. How can I fix it? I have some software that needs that
|> header for mail classification, and it's not working correctly on my
|> messages because they don't have that header.

You'll probably find that the definition for the Message-Id: line
reads something like:

The ``?M?'' means that the M flag must be set in the F= field of the
mailer descriptor in order to add this header.  The local mailer
probably doesn't have that flag set.  Add it.

eric