Help: sendmail vs. ftp?

Post by Chen » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 14:00:17

Hi, netter

According to the technical reference, I've already configured sendmail.cf.
As result, the email system is OK. The name address can be recognized.
Unfortunately, when I want to access a remote machine by ftp, the name
address of the machine isn't recognized. My current machine is Sun Sparc
classic with sunOS4.1.3+X11R5. I would appreciate it if anyone could give
me any tip.

Cheers,

Ke Chen

P.S. email response is perfered.

1. Help: sendmail vs. ftp?

    Sounds to me like a DNS problem -- your machine isn't in the DNS,
or maybe the machine you're ftp'ing from doesn't use the DNS.

    The folks in the comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains usenet newsgroup
may be able to help.

        -Brad

--

The above opinions are entirely the responsibility and property of the
author.  They do not necessarily reflect the official position of the

2. Offer: Car Rental Software

3. sendmail 8.6 vs SunOS 4.1 vs -Bstatic vs frozen cf?

4. Program closing error message

5. SCI enabled CRT056x.asm for DSP56002 EVM

6. UUCP vs MCI Mail vs AT&T Mail vs Compuserve vs ??

7. i need help, innodb blocks insertion into table for a while

8. Sendmail vs Sendmail+IDA vs Smail ???

9. URGENT: Can't login to ftp server ftp.cac.washington.edu

10. Mush vs. Elm vs. MH vs. ...

11. sendmail vs smail vs ???

12. Milters vs Sendmail access list vs DNSBLs