perl script does not execute anymore after a sendmail upgrade :-(

perl script does not execute anymore after a sendmail upgrade :-(

Post by Luc Stepniewsk » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I upgraded an old server from 8.6.12 to 8.9.2. Before the upgrade, I had a
perl script that got executed for certain mail addresses to act as an
autoresponder (away messages).
But now that I got sendmail 8.9.2, I got the following error:

"|/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/adm/mail/repondeur/distrib2 #baldur"
    (expanded from: baldur)

Can't open perl script "/usr/local/adm/mail/repondeur/distrib2": Permission
denied
554 "|/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/adm/mail/repondeur/distrib2 #baldur"...
unknown mailer error 13
554 /home/jle/dead.letter... cannot open /home/jle/dead.letter: Permission
denied

Quote:   ----- Original message follows -----

I have added the line in /SENDMAIL/ANY/SHELL/ in /etc/shells, I verified
that no directory is group and/or other writable, and even tried with
O DontBlameSendmail=forwardfileinunsafedirpath,forwardfileinunsafedirpathsafe
option.

The / /usr /usr/local /usr/local/bin /etc /usr/local/adm
/usr/local/adm/mail and /usr/local/adm/mail/repondeur are r-x for group
and other, no write anywhere.
Only the links are 777, /usr/bin/perl points to /usr/local/bin/perl which
points to /usr/local/bin/perl5.00502 . The last one is rwxr-xr-x.

I keep getting the same error :-( Where can the error come from ?

Thanks,
Luc

1. Sendmail -> perl script not executing

Ok, first of all I'm not even sure if this is a sendmail problem, so sorry
in advance if it isn't.

I am trying to get sendmail to send mail to a particular alias on to a perl
script. So in my alias file I have:

prog:    "| /usr/bin/perl /path/to/perl/script"

And in my sendmail.mc I have removed the smrsh feature. Then I built
sendmail.cf and changed DontBlameSendmail to:

O DontBlameSendmail=RunProgramInUnsafeDirPath, RunWritableProgram

which I copied from a previous newsgroup posting.

So, now I send a mail to prog, and sendmail says it has delivered it ok.
But prog, which just opens a file at the mo, and writes a log to it,
doesn't appear to be executing. Permission are 755.

I am going about this the right way? I don't really know what I'm doing to
be honest. If someone could point to the right docs for doing this sort of
thing that would be helpful too.

Thanks
Dan

--
Dan Winchester

http://dan.freelancers.net

http://www.freelancers.net

2. FS: VLab Motion Non-linear Editing Card

3. Pipe alias to perl script runs perl script, but STDIN has no data!

4. how to sort a matrix

5. Executing perl script with .forward

6. example of new/delete please?

7. perl/php cgi scripts "inexplicably" executing multiple times?

8. xbox vs gamecube

9. Error executing Perl script with procmail

10. Executing a perl script with procmail ??

11. Eudora 5.2.1bX will not print anymore :-(

12. Sending email via pipes in Perl not working anymore

13. Internet Mail Won't Execute Anymore on Compaq Presario 4122