looking for SMTP Gateway for MSMAIL

Post by M.Cristina Borie » Sun, 29 May 1994 02:31:47

I'm looking for a way not to buy Microsoft's outrageously priced SMTP
gateway ($5000!!!!) to run with WFW.
Anybody seen one, done it etc?
I'll appreciate your comments
thanks

Post by David W. Garb » Tue, 31 May 1994 23:31:00

>From: M.Cristina Bories
>Subject: looking for SMTP Gateway for MSMAIL
>Date: 27 May 1994 17:31:47 GMT
>I'm looking for a way not to buy Microsoft's outrageously priced SMTP
>gateway ($5000!!!!) to run with WFW.
>Anybody seen one, done it etc?
>I'll appreciate your comments
>thanks

Please post, rather than (or in addition to) e-mailing a response.  I have
the same problem.

1. MSMAIL & MSMAIL GATEWAY TO SMTP

Hi! this is regarding the above subject.

I would like to implement an Email system using MSMAIL v3.2 in the following
environment:

    4 LANs - each has a Novell Netware v3.12 server.
           - all 4 LANs are connected through leased lines using Microcom
             routers with one LAN as the main hub

At the same time, I would like to be able to send Email to Unix
machines on a seperate network that is connect to one of these 4 LANs
through a leased line.

I intend to have one set of Msmail on each LAN, to cut down traffic
in the network as well as using the Msmail Gateway to SMTP at the main LAN.
What I would like to confirm is ..

        1) The Msmail Gateway to SMTP is to be installed on a dedicated PC?
        2) I would definitely need a SMTP host to perform the message routing
           cause Msmail Gateway to SMTP does not perform address resolution?
        3) 1 set of Msmail Gateway to SMTP will be sufficient for all the
           4 sets of Msmail v3.2 in each LAN? or do I need one gateway per
           Msmail installation?

Any suggestions/answers will be appreciated! 8)

Ken

2. Saving files (BINARY vs. ASCII) on samba shared dirs

3. Need Cheap Gateway for MSMAIL to SMTP

4. A/D Converter Test Question

5. SpikeMail Excellent SMTP MSMAIL gateway product

6. Error Message - NSERVER.EXE

7. MSMail SMTP Gateway

8. Macs preferred to PCs --- at least here...

9. MSMAIL TO SMTP GATEWAY

10. MSMail SMTP Gateway for DOS

11. SMTP to MSMail gateway.

12. SMTP and UUCP gateway for MSMAIL?

13. MsMail SMTP gateway (dos version) send problem