cannot open attatchments they're greyed out

cannot open attatchments they're greyed out

Post by Laur » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:09:12

Iwent into options then into security and un-ticked the
part that says "do not allow attachements to be saved or
opened that could potentially be a virus" and that did not
work, any other suggestions, I'm dying without these.

cannot open attatchments they're greyed out

Post by Kerr » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:27:05

Hi Laura,
Hope you are doing great. well in order to assist you
effectively, please let me know the email software you are
using outlook express, outlook 2000/2002 or MSN Explorer?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Iwent into options then into security and un-ticked the
>part that says "do not allow attachements to be saved or
>opened that could potentially be a virus" and that did
not
>work, any other suggestions, I'm dying without these.
>.

cannot open attatchments they're greyed out

Post by Darren Finc » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:20:17

I also have the same problem. I'm using Outlook Express 6
under Windows XP Home Edition.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DAZ
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Iwent into options then into security and un-ticked the
>part that says "do not allow attachements to be saved or
>opened that could potentially be a virus" and that did
not
>work, any other suggestions, I'm dying without these.
>.

cannot open attatchments they're greyed out

Post by Michael Santove » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:48:16

After changing that option, you'll need to switch messages for it to take effect.

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6
okexpress

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://www.oehelp.com/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm

Quote:> I also have the same problem. I'm using Outlook Express 6

Post by Michael Santove » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:47:55

After changing that option, you'll need to switch messages for it to take effect.

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6
okexpress

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://www.oehelp.com/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm

Quote:> Iwent into options then into security and un-ticked the