How to allow multi-domain ?

Post by Filippo Cont » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hy
My mail server runs under the same PC of DNS and i've just registered my
second level domain, i would like to deliver mail with the new domain too
from the same server running sendmail v8.9 ( i mean ).
How i can get it ?
Bye
--
Filippo Conti - Metho System S.r.l.

Via Saragat n.3/B
43044 Collecchio (PR)
+39-521-803038
UIN# 36194851

Delete NOSPAM to reply.

1. Directing multi-domain mail to a separate mailer for each domain

Hi,

I have three mail domains all hosted by one machine.  Domain A is the
main one, and should be dealt with normally (i.e. deliver it locally if

Domains B and C don't actually exist on the Internet.  I want to capture
mail directed to them by parsing the domain address in such a way that
it gets routed to a mailer for each domain.  So, I define a mailer MB
which routes to domain B, and a mailer MC which routes to C.  These
mailers are simple shell scripts which grab the mail and queue it for
delivery to the destination in a non-standard way (which I can't avoid
using, as the management want accountability and control).

The host is configured to accept mail for all three domains, but when

I need to be able to keep the domain name part, and use it to choose the
mailer.

Note that I want to map all users within the domain, rather than just
defining a set of aliases to map each user individually - there are
several hundred possible users, and the list changes regularly.

Can anyone suggest a modification to the ruleset to achieve this?

Thanks,

Paul.
|Paul Murphy - Dark Age Re-Enactment,The Vikings (NFPS) Ousekjarr Lethang |

2. removing files

3. Advice on multi-domain hosting

4. MCP

5. How could I use one sendmail server to recieve mail for multi-domain?

6. list of dsp Internet resources

7. Can sendmail support multi-domain using single ip address?

8. CADInstitute ?

9. Is sendmail support Multi-Domain???

10. multi-domain

11. Call for FAQ (multi-domain)

12. How do you setup a multi-domain hub?