Hiding Address Group addresses

Post by Jo » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have a group list of about thirty people called the "Hot List" (real
original, eh?). Outlook Express had a feature that allowed you to
surpress the individual addresses in the recipients "To" header so that
when they received a message addressed to this group all they saw in the
"To" field was "Hot List" rather than all the email addresses of those
on the list.

I hope this can be done in Eudora Pro and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks,

Joe Newbury

Post by Andrew Star » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I have a group list of about thirty people called the "Hot List" (real
> original, eh?). Outlook Express had a feature that allowed you to
> surpress the individual addresses in the recipients "To" header so that
> when they received a message addressed to this group all they saw in the
> "To" field was "Hot List" rather than all the email addresses of those
> on the list.

> I hope this can be done in Eudora Pro and if so, how do I do it?

> Thanks,

> Joe Newbury

make a group nickname, and put "Hot List" (or whatever) in the "Name"
field.

--
Andrew Starr is eMailman(sm): http://www.emailman.com
NewsReaders.com: http://www.newsreaders.com

[unofficial] Eudora site: http://www.emailman.com/eudora

Post by Gre » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I have a group list of about thirty people called the "Hot List" (real
> original, eh?). Outlook Express had a feature that allowed you to
> surpress the individual addresses in the recipients "To" header so that
> when they received a message addressed to this group all they saw in the
> "To" field was "Hot List" rather than all the email addresses of those
> on the list.

> I hope this can be done in Eudora Pro and if so, how do I do it?

> Thanks,

> Joe Newbury

see <http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/tutorials>.

Regards,
Greg

Post by Chris Enric » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > I have a group list of about thirty people called the "Hot List" (real
> > original, eh?). Outlook Express had a feature that allowed you to
> > surpress the individual addresses in the recipients "To" header so that
> > when they received a message addressed to this group all they saw in the
> > "To" field was "Hot List" rather than all the email addresses of those
> > on the list.

> > I hope this can be done in Eudora Pro and if so, how do I do it?

> > Thanks,

> > Joe Newbury

> make a group nickname, and put "Hot List" (or whatever) in the "Name"
> field.

This has been my experiance with Eudora Light 3.1.3 as well.  Using the
nickname in the To: field, the recipients do not see who all received a
copy.  I have had people mention this to me in the past.  Complaining
they did not know who all got the post.  A nice way to do it if need be.

Sometimes I'll copy and paste the addresses from the nickname into the
To: manually.  I assume the "Expand Nicknames" setting does this for
you, but just having cleared up one problem with type 2 errors and
having tried that option right in the middle or start of my problem, I
don't wish to push my luck right now.  I'll stick to copy and paste for
a while longer.

Does Pro 4.2 allow for a nickname with spaces?  I'll have to try it.  My
experience has been no spaces allowed.

Chris

Hiding Address Group addresses

Post by Andrew Star » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Sometimes I'll copy and paste the addresses from the nickname into the
> To: manually.  I assume the "Expand Nicknames" setting does this for
> you, but just having cleared up one problem with type 2 errors and
> having tried that option right in the middle or start of my problem, I
> don't wish to push my luck right now.  I'll stick to copy and paste for
> a while longer.

you don't need to copy paste. Just type start of nickname then
command-comma.

Quote:

> Does Pro 4.2 allow for a nickname with spaces?  I'll have to try it.  My
> experience has been no spaces allowed.

yes. it allows spaces.

--
Andrew Starr is eMailman(sm): http://www.emailman.com
NewsReaders.com: http://www.newsreaders.com

[unofficial] Eudora site: http://www.emailman.com/eudora

Hiding Address Group addresses

Post by Muddy Wate » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 18:49:02 +0800, Charles (Joe) Newbury wrote

> I have a group list of about thirty people called the "Hot List" (real
> original, eh?). Outlook Express had a feature that allowed you to
> surpress the individual addresses in the recipients "To" header so that
> when they received a message addressed to this group all they saw in the
> "To" field was "Hot List" rather than all the email addresses of those
> on the list.

> I hope this can be done in Eudora Pro and if so, how do I do it?

> Thanks,

> Joe Newbury

You can also have a look at a nice little bit of shareware (US$15) that works
specifically with Eudora for managing newslists
<http://www.subnet.co.uk/brendan/submission/>. I've tried it and apart from
one glitch the author is working on at the moment, it's a treat.

Larry

1. Outlook Express 6.0 hiding group email addresses

Suggestions on using a mailing list in Outlook Express:
 - In the Address book select New Group, give it a name (e.g. Bob's Mailing List BCC), and then
use Select Members to add the desired contacts to the group
 - In the Address book select New Contact, give it a name (e.g. Bob's Mailing List) and enter
your own e-mail address
 - When you want to send to the list, in the TO field select the "Bob's Mailing List" entry and
in the BCC field select the "Bob's Mailing List BCC" group.  Recipients will see "Bob's Mailing
List" in the TO field (which looks better than "Undisclosed Recipients" which sounds like
spam), they will not see the name or address of any of the people in the list and you will get
a copy of the message.
(With OE5+ you have to check the option to View, All Headers in a Mail composition window in
order to see the BCC field.)

2. Palm Vagina?

3. Using Group in address book and hiding individual names

4. Detect USB drive, Memory Stick and SD/MMC in Windows

5. Hide other addresses when sending to groups

6. Very Inexpensive MAC--IP--ISDN Solution

7. How can I hide email addresses when emailing to a group?

8. firmware for Speedstream (Efficient) 5851-007 (Interspeed) - asic.aic file needed

9. Email Address Group Problem in Address Book

10. How to send message to group of e-mail addresses from address book?

11. How to configure sendmail when addressing by IP addresses (user@[ip-address-of-sendmail-host])?

12. Reg: Exporting addresses from Lotus Notes address book into Outlook Address Book.

13. Hiding address list