Sendmail + multiple domains on RH7.0

Post by Jo » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 20:24:48

Ok, at the moment we have a old linux server running sendmail and hosting
email for about 10 domains or so, the server that is supposed to replace it
is a redhat 7.0 server running sendmail 8.11.0-8. I'm a bit worried that
when i move it, it doesnt function properly and collect email for all the
domains. Here is what ive done so far:
-recreated all the accounts
-copied the virtusertable file accross it is in the format of

-added all the domains to local-host-names AND domaintable located in
/etc/mail

is that all i need to do? or is there possibly something ive left out?

help is GREATLY appreciated

Thanks

Jo

Sendmail + multiple domains on RH7.0

Post by Nick Lon » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 02:04:13

I would recommend that you try it with one domain at a time.  Rather than
simply giving your new server the new IP address, give it a new permanent
one and modify the DNS domain name. This way you will be able to choose one
of the smalled domains and switch it over and then test it quite a bit
before you move over the other domains.  I have seen this situation more
than once where someone thought that they had everything configured
correctly and then moved to the new server and had problems.  Cleanup after
this situation is no fun.

Have fun!

Nick Long
www.unixpertise.com

> Ok, at the moment we have a old linux server running sendmail and hosting
> email for about 10 domains or so, the server that is supposed to replace
it
> is a redhat 7.0 server running sendmail 8.11.0-8. I'm a bit worried that
> when i move it, it doesnt function properly and collect email for all the
> domains. Here is what ive done so far:
> -recreated all the accounts
> -copied the virtusertable file accross it is in the format of

> -added all the domains to local-host-names AND domaintable located in
> /etc/mail

> is that all i need to do? or is there possibly something ive left out?

> help is GREATLY appreciated

> Thanks

> Jo

1. sendmail to handle multiple domains with multiple mailboxes

running a small isp shop that offers domain hosting
along with email.

formerly had nt machine running an email server that handled email for
multiple domains, and each domain had anywhere from 1 to 5 mail users.

I can not figure out how sendmail can accomplish this. the bat book and the
'virtual hosting' snippets leave me at sea. I do not want to route mail
as aliases to any existing linux accounts. I want to provide email accounts
for users that are paying for domain hosting/and mail.

domains with apache working fine. dns using bind working fine. mail!
what to do?

thank you,
michaelr

2. FS: Monitor $50

3. A sendmail.cf for Multiple Domains and Sendmail

4. Does Standard C++ provide Class CString?

5. Multiple domain with sendmail Solaris 2.7 (Sendmail 8.9.3+Sun/8.9.1) possible?

6. FS: Garage Sale - SGI Valuables

7. Multiple domains for multiple email address

8. multiple user, multiple domains

9. multiple domain - multiple spools

10. multiple domains and multiple databases

11. multiple users on multiple domains

12. multiple info-user on multiple domain Machine