quell primary editor?

Post by chris mayh » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:31:29

i'm using pine, but i do not like the primary editor. i have EE setup
as the alternate editor, but it still brings me back to pico at the
end of replying, and at the start of composing a new message.
is there any way to quell pico all together and use only EE?
FYI:V4.32
an email response is preferred, but posting to the group is fine.
thank you in advance.
---
#E.Suburban# "Investigators aren't sure how the bicycle [and rider]
   .. __o  # ended up under the rear wheels of the [dump] truck."
  .. -\<,  #
 ..(_)/(_) #                            -PGH Tribune-Review
#Sports Med#---------www.essmsports.com--------------------------------------

quell primary editor?

Post by Christian Wen » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 01:06:26

Hello chris,

look in the setup for <enable-alternate-editor-implicitly> and pine will
hopefully use your EE-editor.

greetings chris

Quote:> i'm using pine, but i do not like the primary editor. i have EE setup

Post by Eduardo Chapp » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 06:15:37

:) i'm using pine, but i do not like the primary editor. i have EE setup
:) as the alternate editor, but it still brings me back to pico at the
:) end of replying, and at the start of composing a new message.
:) is there any way to quell pico all together and use only EE?
:) FYI:V4.32
:) an email response is preferred, but posting to the group is fine.
:) thank you in advance.

Chris,

  You are in Pico in the moment that you are editing headers, not when the
cursor is under "---- Message Text -----", and everything you do at that
time is controlled by Pico, and there's no way to circumvent this
procedure. Just because there's no other way to edit headers in Pine, you
can't just skip Pico altogether and will have to go through it all the
time you want to use EE.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

quell primary editor?

Post by Gopi Sundar » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 16:02:26

Quote:> i'm using pine, but i do not like the primary editor. i have EE
> setup as the alternate editor, but it still brings me back to pico
> at the end of replying, and at the start of composing a new message.
> is there any way to quell pico all together and use only EE?

[X]  enable-alternate-editor-implicitly

With the above option, only the message headers will be edited in Pico.
The moment your bring the cursor to the message body area, your
alternate editor will be invoked.

--
Gopi Sundaram

http://www.cse.sc.edu/~gopalan/Pine/