pop3 server not found by certain broadband provider

pop3 server not found by certain broadband provider

Post by Matt » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:58:38

A number of our clients connect to our pop3 server to collect mail.
99% of people have no problem.
However, users connecting through one particular broadband provider
(BT) occasionally get the message 'cannot find pop.ourdomain.co.uk'
and are unable to connect. The problem occurs at the same time for all
clients connecting through this provider and is mysteriously resolved
for all clients a few days later.
Our pop server resolves to its IP address via a command prompt at the
client's end even when the problem is occurring.
I cannot see a logical reason why this should be happening. Can anyone
else?