Popauth - names or addresses

Post by Geoff Gib » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

We have been using smPbS along with the popauth option in Claus'
rules. However, our pop/imap daemon (U. of Washington) writes
host names to the log file, rather than nummeric addresses.
I have hacked smPbS and Claus' code to allow for this, but
should I be doing this? Is there an advantage to using nummeric
addresses or is everyone else using a different pop/imap daemon?

Thanks for any advice

Geoff Gibbs
--
UK-Human Genome Mapping Project-Resource Centre,
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK

1. Suggestion: Completion for Address Book Names/Fcc Folder Names

        I guess I don't really have to add much more after that Subject line,
do I? ;) Anyway...

        My folder names are the same as the names in my address book, so,
when saving a mail, I use something like "ni<TAB>". And so, when entering a
nickname in the To/Cc/Bcc field of a message header, I often try to do the

        So anyway, I just think that adding tab completion for that (and
maybe also for Fcc folder names) would be neat and very useful.

        Thanks to anyone who listens... :)

  ___  _                      _a' /(   <.  Simon Bradley, Knight Protector!

 <___/|_||_|_|_|\___/|_|_|      ._>, _>,   WWW: http://www.aber.ac.uk/~syb3/

2. Help! Difference between OVERRUN and RXOVER?

3. Email address' domain name didn't match with host name

4. Serial port maximum speed

5. How to get mail which is addressed to domain-name w/o host-name ?

6. Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools

7. Use domain name, not domain server name in e-mail address

8. Impact - stereo in a window?

9. Sorting names and addresses in address book

10. E-mail address question: ip address in place of host name?

11. address book linking names to wrong addresses

12. I want to & from lines to indicate addresses, not names from address book