Eudora Pro vs. Eudora Light

Post by Lavinia H. Touchto » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I currently am using Eudora Light 3.13 and like it very much. My only
complaint (at present) is that, without a third-party script of some
sort (and the ones I've found aren't working for me yet), it isn't set
up to check more than one account's mailbox. Could someone tell me what
the main differences are between Pro and Light and, in particular, does
Pro handle more than one mailbox?

Thanks in advance.
--

Lavinia H. Touchton
Touchton Consulting, Inc.

Eudora Pro vs. Eudora Light

Post by Marty Bo » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I currently am using Eudora Light 3.13 and like it very much. My only
>complaint (at present) is that, without a third-party script of some
>sort (and the ones I've found aren't working for me yet), it isn't set
>up to check more than one account's mailbox. Could someone tell me what
>the main differences are between Pro and Light and, in particular, does
>Pro handle more than one mailbox?

Pro does handle more than one mailbox, and it has filters that enable you
to sort your mail automatically as well.  Definitely worth buying.

Marty

--
A relevant signature is an oxymoron.

Eudora Pro vs. Eudora Light

Post by Steve W. Jacks » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

:> I currently am using Eudora Light 3.13 and like it very much. My only
:> complaint (at present) is that, without a third-party script of some
:> sort (and the ones I've found aren't working for me yet), it isn't set
:> up to check more than one account's mailbox. Could someone tell me what
:> the main differences are between Pro and Light and, in particular, does
:> Pro handle more than one mailbox?
:>
:> Thanks in advance.
:> --
:>
:> Lavinia H. Touchton
:> Touchton Consulting, Inc.
:> Seattle, Washington

Pro will handle more than one mail account (via Personalities), and it has
more robust filtering capabilities and a few other goodies.  But you *can*
check multiple email accounts with Light.  You simply need to set up
multiple folders -- one for each user -- and create a dummy file named
Eudora Folder where the original one was in your prefs folder.  Then start
EL via the settings file instead of starting the app directly.  OTOH, if
you *do* start the app, it'll tell you that the owners of the Mac want you
to choose a settings file and will allow you to navigate to one.  This is
how my wife, son and myself have different email addresses with one copy
of EL.

= Steve =

--
Steve W. Jackson,  Montgomery, Alabama
http://www.mindspring.com/~sjacksn/stevehome.html

1. Eudora Light 3.1 vs Eudora Pro 4.2 on 68k?

I currently use Eudora Light 3.1 on a Performa 580 (68LC040). However, I
like the on-the-fly spell checking and multiple accounts of Eudora
Sponsored 4.3 on my iMac DV. Eudora Pro 4.2 offers these features for 68k
Macs I gather. But, does the on-the-fly spell checking run well on a 68k
Mac? 4.3 seems sluggish on the iMac, but I don't know if it is due to the
spell checking or the ads.

Also, how much more memory does Eudora Pro use over Eudora Light? I have
considered using 2 versions of Eudora Light (1 hacked) along with
SpellTools. That would use about 3 MB.  How does that compare to Eudora
Pro?

Thank you for any observations.

--
Jim

My ISP is not SPAMLESS.  :)

2. Live launch in Canada?

3. Eudora Mailboxes - Eudora Light to Eudora Pro

4. Automatic c++ call graph tool

5. Eudora Light 3.1b22 looks for Eudora Pro

6. Trick Question...

7. - Eudora Pro 2.14.sit (0/2) Here can you download Eudora Pro 2.14

8. Position Open

9. - Eudora Pro 2.14.sit (2/2) Here can you download Eudora Pro 2.14

10. - Eudora Pro 2.14.sit (1/2) Here can you download Eudora Pro 2.14

11. Moving from Mac Eudora Pro to Windows Eudora Pro

12. Need help -- proxy server and use of Eudora Light vs Netscape Mail

13. Eudora Light vs. Outlook Express?