Looking for e-mail forwarding service.

Post by Keith Waldor » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

  I am looking for a service to use so that I can keep one e-mail
address no matter what provider I use.  I would like to see some
comments on different e-mail forwarding services that people are using.
I have searched through Yahoo, Alta Vista, etc.... but it is hard to
tell who has a really good service.   I do not want any advertising or
attachments to my mail.... so I guess I am saying I'm willing to pay for
the service.  $30 dollars a year or so?

Thanks,

Keith

--
_____________________________________

  Keith Waldorf
  Employers' Medical Network, Inc.
  URL http://www.employers.com
  (408)527-4627
_____________________________________

Looking for e-mail forwarding service.

Post by Marcus L » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:15:39 -0800, Keith Waldorf

> Hi,

>   I am looking for a service to use so that I can keep one e-mail
> address no matter what provider I use.  I would like to see some
> comments on different e-mail forwarding services that people are using.
> I have searched through Yahoo, Alta Vista, etc.... but it is hard to
> tell who has a really good service.   I do not want any advertising or
> attachments to my mail.... so I guess I am saying I'm willing to pay for
> the service.  $30 dollars a year or so?

Try BigFoot at  www.bigfoot.com. Lift-time free email forwarding
services.

Looking for e-mail forwarding service.

Post by b.. » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

There is one that has the word "mail" in the URL, that does just
what you want without alot of advertising that you MUST download.
 They are very helpful, if only I could remember their URL.  But
look in the search sites for one that has "mail" in the address.
Maybe it was www.email.com?  That or something similar.
Good luck,
Kim

Looking for e-mail forwarding service.

Post by Douglas McClu » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I am looking for a service to use so that I can keep one e-mail
>address no matter what provider I use.

Howdy Keith,

I use Pobox and have been satisfied with it. For $15 a year, you get to

be forwarded to a single "real" e-mail address which you specify and can
change at any time. No advertising.

Or if (as in my case) you want to register a private domain name, they'll
help you do it and will forward the mail you receive at that domain to
wherever you want. This is substantially more expensive: the basic service
costs $250 for the first year, including the first 2 years' InterNIC fees.

Pobox's Web page is at <http://www.pobox.com>.

--

Looking for e-mail forwarding service.

Post by Don Schmid » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

You can find a link at
http://users.aimnet.com/~dschmidt

Quote:> Hi,

>   I am looking for a service to use so that I can keep one e-mail
> address no matter what provider I use.  I would like to see some
> comments on different e-mail forwarding services that people are using.
> I have searched through Yahoo, Alta Vista, etc.... but it is hard to
> tell who has a really good service.   I do not want any advertising or
> attachments to my mail.... so I guess I am saying I'm willing to pay for
> the service.  $30 dollars a year or so?

> Thanks,

> Keith

> --
> _____________________________________

>   Keith Waldorf
>   Employers' Medical Network, Inc.
>   URL http://www.employers.com
>   (408)527-4627
> _____________________________________

1. Looking for an email forwarding service

I have used pobox.com for about two years and my husband for one.  We love
it.  I ALWAYS forward my mail to two spots - my ISP box and another free one
(either yahoo or hotmail).  That way, I can always get my email - even if I
am not at my computer.

In the two + years I have used it, pobox.com has only gone down MAYBE three
times - all for very small time periods.  They also do a lot to filter
spam - including using the ever popular Blackhole software.

We are pleased - for the price ($15 per year per account), we definitely get
what we pay for.  The features are easy to use - and there is no problem
when we change providers - which we seem to do on a fairly regular basis.

That's all I have to say....

khp

2. Printing from Visor or Palm

3. Forward or link email from Outlook to another email service

4. AIX 4.3.2, xntp 4.0.93a: Stability? Adjtime?

5. Looking for a free email service...

6. Death/sad Mac chimes FAQ?

7. Looking for an email service

8. Opening for MIS Executive.

9. Looking for a free webbased email service

10. Looking for Web based email service for webmasters

11. Looking for email -> USPS service

12. Looking for inexpensive e-mail service for elderly mother in law

13. e-mail forwarding service recommendations?