Reading Hotmail

Post by Dan Becqu » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:30:58

Just wondered if its possible to configure Eudora to get mail from a
Hotmail account?

Thanks in advance
dan becque

Reading Hotmail

Post by Andrew Star » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:51:23

Quote:> Just wondered if its possible to configure Eudora to get mail from a
> Hotmail account?

Hotmail does not offer POP/IMAP access.

--
Andrew Starr
eMailman(r): http://www.emailman.com

Reading Hotmail

Post by Kathy I. Morg » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:29:07

> Just wondered if its possible to configure Eudora to get mail from a
> Hotmail account?

No, sorry--Eudora does POP and IMAP, but Hotmail is a proprietary web
protocol.

--
Kathy

help for new users of newsgroups at <http://www.aptalaska.net/~kmorgan/>
Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval at <http://www.gnksa.org/>

Reading Hotmail

Post by Lou F » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:42:39

Quote:> Just wondered if its possible to configure Eudora to get mail from a
> Hotmail account?

   You might want to take a look at our Mail Forward shareware
application.  It will let you forward Hotmail to a regular POP account,
where you can retrieve it with Eudora.

   <http://www.sspi-software.com/mailfwd_mac.html>

   Regards,

   - Lou Forlini
     Software Engineer
     System Support Products, Inc.

Reading Hotmail

Post by Chris Myer » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:00:46

on 11/25/01 6:30 PM:

Quote:> Just wondered if its possible to configure Eudora to get mail from a
> Hotmail account?

> Thanks in advance
> dan becque

The others are quite right.  You cannot use Eudora to access Hotmail.
Outlook express has the ability to do it so since it is installed on the
system by default, you can use it instead of having to use the web
interface.

Chris

Reading Hotmail

Post by Darrell Greenwoo » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:34:16

Quote:> Just wondered if its possible to configure Eudora to get mail from a
> Hotmail account?

No, but there are a bunch of other free email providers that do provide
POP or Eudora access...

I use yahoo.com, mac.com and mailandnews. Other free POP access
providers are listed at http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_pop.htm

Cheers,

Darrell

--
To reply, substitute .net for .invalid in address, i.e., darrell.usenet1 (at)
telus.net

Reading Hotmail

Post by Kathy I. Morg » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:43:20

> I use yahoo.com, mac.com and mailandnews. Other free POP access
> providers are listed at http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_pop.htm

I've had recent experience with mailandnews.  An unacceptably large

deliver.  Does anyone have any experience with sending messages to
yahoo.com & mac.com? (POP mail, that is.)  Any other reliable free POP
mail servers?

--

Post by ~flippe » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 01:34:20

| I've had recent experience with mailandnews.  An unacceptably large

| deliver.  Does anyone have any experience with sending messages to
| yahoo.com & mac.com? (POP mail, that is.)  Any other reliable free POP
| mail servers?
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Hi kathy,

Because of problems with my Adelphia servers, here in South Florida, I
have used Yahoo's POP server and SMTP server for a month, and it works
just fine.

Opening a yahoo email account, clicking "Options"--->'Pop Access &
Forwarding' and grabbing the pop.mail.yahoo.com  and
smtp.mail.yahoo.com  works for me, well enough that it is my 'default'
in Eudora.

All the Best,
BrianS

--
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them, well...I have others."
                                                      - Groucho Marx

http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371

Reading Hotmail

Post by ReindeR Ruste » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 02:40:40

> > Just wondered if its possible to configure Eudora to get mail from a
> > Hotmail account?

>    You might want to take a look at our Mail Forward shareware
> application.  It will let you forward Hotmail to a regular POP account,
> where you can retrieve it with Eudora.

>    <http://www.sspi-software.com/mailfwd_mac.html>

This looks quite cool if I may say so. I could sell it as a service to
people who complain to me that they rely on their Hotmail address but
meanwhile discovered the merits of a POP-account. I can run this
software for them 24hrs at home (I have cable) and forward their Hotmail
for them! They wouldn't know how to do it and this makes it very easy.
It can help cut down my internet connection costs...

I am going to try the software and buy it as soon as I can find clients
for such a service.

--
ReindeR

Reading Hotmail

Post by Kathy I. Morg » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 06:23:45

> Because of problems with my Adelphia servers, here in South Florida, I
> have used Yahoo's POP server and SMTP server for a month, and it works
> just fine.

Thanks, Brian.  I'll give Yahoo a try, then.

--
Kathy

help for new users of newsgroups at <http://www.aptalaska.net/~kmorgan/>
Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval at <http://www.gnksa.org/>

Reading Hotmail

Post by Darrell Greenwoo » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:34:16

mac.com is really solid. I have been using it heavily for 6 months,
receiving all my maillist mail on it, with dozens of messages a day and
no problems. Both pop and smtp available.

Cheers,

Darrell

> Does anyone have any experience with sending messages to
> yahoo.com & mac.com? (POP mail, that is.)

--
To reply, substitute .net for .invalid in address, i.e., darrell.usenet1 (at)
telus.net

1. Trouble reading Hotmail from foreign countries with Eudora

Hello.  I am having trouble with email sent from foreign countries by
individuals using hotmail.  When I receive their message in Eudora, I
do not receive it complete.  Instead, I only get a few lines and then
the message cuts off.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what I
can do?  Is it a problem with Eudora?  With Hotmail?

Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

- Jeremy

2. Create '<' and '>' by <xsl:eval>

3. Reading Hotmail in Outlook 2k

4. help ! track.library wanted !

5. Hotmail read a POP3

6. Full text search

7. Default Hotmail "Read Mail" page

8. sockets and completion ports

9. Problems setting up OE6 to read web-based Hotmail account

10. How do i read all my hotmail emails into one text file

11. Can Mutt read HTML (Hotmail, etc.)

12. Reading HTML Email With HOTMAIL

13. Reading and Archving Hotmail in MSN Explorer