Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by Paul Atreide » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:56:04

Hi,

I use netmeeting (latest 3388 version) with a pinnacle PCTV tv capture
board and a hi-8 camcorder. This gives good picture quality (but it's
big).

The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

I know some people had the same problem but I didn't found an answer on
deja news (hmm, I mean google).

I guess it's just a simple parameter in the registry because when I
installed it on another partition for testing, it has worked for some
time but later the picture was upside down again.

Note that I use this capture board with other programs : many TV apps,
VirtualDub, Studio and never had this problem. It's only with Netmeeting.

Does anyone know a solution ?

(and yes, I put the camcorder upside down on my desk, but this is just a
temporary solution as I cant use a tripod with the camcorder upside down,
and my local monitor view is upside down too, because the upside down
effect only appears on the distant PC).

TIA.

--

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by Giles Morri » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 05:27:11

Quote:> The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
> I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
> netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

You should check your country code settings. For example, if one computer is
on the East Coast of the USA (or some other site in the Northern
hemisphere), while the other is in Australia, NetMeeting will automatically
invert the image. Future releases will automatically invert seasons
(summer/winter and spring/fall).

Giles Morris
(sorry)

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by Al » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:08:27

Surely you must be kidding...

      Al

Post by Brian Sullivan - NetMeeting MV » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:40:54

> > The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
> > I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
> > netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

> You should check your country code settings. For example, if one computer
is
> on the East Coast of the USA (or some other site in the Northern
> hemisphere), while the other is in Australia, NetMeeting will
automatically
> invert the image. Future releases will automatically invert seasons
> (summer/winter and spring/fall).

> Giles Morris
> (sorry)

A little late but it is still April.

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by Paul Atreide » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:52:59

says...

> > The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
> > I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
> > netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

> You should check your country code settings. For example, if one computer is
> on the East Coast of the USA (or some other site in the Northern
> hemisphere), while the other is in Australia, NetMeeting will automatically
> invert the image. Future releases will automatically invert seasons
> (summer/winter and spring/fall).

This one's not new, sorry, and it'"s no more april 1st.

--

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by Paul Atreide » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:59:45

says...

> > > The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
> > > I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
> > > netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

[cut april joke]

After several hours searching the microsoft technet, I've finally found a
solution. I know I'm replying to myself, but I've found many questions on
the subject on google (ex deja) archive, so here it is :

If you want more details, refer to Micro$oft Technical Information (March
2001) PSS ID Number: Q269967

It was hard to find because the article doesnt mention Netmeeting.

The problem appears when you use a bt848 capture board and use the YUY2
format. Change it to IYUV or YUV12 or RGBxx.

I suggest YUV12 in 352*288

Good luck.

--

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by George J Bug » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:25:25

I had the same problem. It seemed to be caused by some of sony's media
player drivers in a sony vaio not being 100% compatible with the latest
version of the video codec being used to encode/decode the video with.
Newer codecs encode/decode in ways that some players didn't plan for.

Suggest different version of codec or different media player software.

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by George J Bug » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:38:06

I don't mean to imply that you must have a sony vaio but that similar
things can happen on other PCs with other software and drivers too.

Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Post by Paul Atreide » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:28:25

Apr 2001 16:38:06 -0500 says...

Quote:> I don't mean to imply that you must have a sony vaio but that similar
> things can happen on other PCs with other software and drivers too.

Yes, thank you for your help. I found that changing from YUYV to YUV12
has solved the problem.

--

1. Video upside-down

I am using latest version of Netmeeting. Everything works well. Except, recently
the video I transmit has started to show up "upside down" at the receiving end.
Any suggestions?

Morten

2. Images won't show up anymore :(

3. upside-down netmeeting and XP

4. Help ? - to convert PDF to HPGL

5. Upside down image in remote machine and flicker in local

6. Serial NUmbers of hardware

7. Upside Down Video

8. Misc. Hardware/ Misc. Software

9. Video Flicker & Upside Down