fetchmail question - need help

Post by Fred » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

hello

is it possible to get mail via pop from several mailhosts und deliver
them to several email addresses with fetchmail? i'm not getting it up.
has someone an sample for my .fetchmailrc file?

defaults
  smtphost mail.domain.tld   (tld=topleveldomain)
  protocol POP3
  fetchall
  forcecr

poll mail.aol.com:
  user ME1

  pass PW1;

poll mail.tag.de:
  user ME2

  pass PW2;

or how should i rewrite the "To: " field in the header for the mail? I
want to get mail from an account and send the message to a specificied
email address.

or should i need something else than fetchmail?

somebody out there who can help?

thanks

Post by Rich Laffer » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>hello

>is it possible to get mail via pop from several mailhosts und deliver
>them to several email addresses with fetchmail? i'm not getting it up.
>has someone an sample for my .fetchmailrc file?

>or should i need something else than fetchmail?

I'm not sure I follow your question. You want to use fetchmail to
get mail from host1 to host2, host3 to host4, host5 to host6? The
best solution would be to run fetchmail on host2, host4, and host6.

If you want to try to do that from one machine, you'd have to either
use fetchmail with sendmail aliases, or with procmail recipes to
forward as appropriate.

But as I say, it's not clear what you want to do.

  -Rich

--
IITS/Computing Services     |