unable to delete inbox messages

Post by Danny GRos » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:07:54

Unable to delete inbox messages. I can restart machine and
delete messages then after a few hours unable to delete
messages again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Danny Gross

unable to delete inbox messages

Post by Michael Santove » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:25:49

You likely have a corrupted mail folder.  If you are lucky, it is the Deleted Items folder, and
not the folder you are trying to delete the messages from.

- Close Outlook Express.
- OE5+: Locate the file Deleted Items.dbx in the mail directory and delete it.  You can use
Start, Find, Files or Folders, "Deleted Items.dbx" to find it.
- Open Outlook Express again.  It will create a new empty Deleted Items.

Another possibility is that the Inbox.DBX file has been corrupted.  For a corrupted Inbox:
- Close Outlook Express
- Rename the file Inbox.dbx to Inboxold.dbx  You can use Start, Find, Files or Folders,
Inbox.dbx to find it
- Open Outlook Express again.
- It will create a new empty Inbox.
- The following program may be able to recover some of the messages from the Inboxold.dbx file.
  DBXtract - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

Quote:> Unable to delete inbox messages. I can restart machine and
> delete messages then after a few hours unable to delete
> messages again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Danny Gross

1. Unable to delete messages in inbox

I had a similar problem. What I did was to uninstall IM. Then delete all
associated IM files from my hard drive. Then I reinstalled IM 1.0 and it
works fine. Hope this will help you.

Jim

Christmas Page:  http://home.att.net/~jfp2/christmas.htm
Home Page: http://home.att.net/~jfp2

2. include the elisp manual in the distribution

3. unable to delete message 0x7ee040 from inbox

4. controllers

5. Undeleting a message deleted from both inbox and delete folder

6. A3000 Motherboard jumper settings

7. Unable to delete from OE 6 inbox

8. X25 printsymbiont for VMS

9. Unable to delete E-mail from Inbox

10. Unable to delete second, B, INBOX (fwd)

11. Unable to delete items from Hotmail Inbox

12. Outlook Express 6.0-unable to delete messages

13. Unable to delete messages - help