Spam filtering software suggestions for MS Internet Mail and Internet News

Spam filtering software suggestions for MS Internet Mail and Internet News

Post by Zepp » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone suggest some good spam filtering software that will work with MS
Internet Mail and  MS Internet News? I'm using  version 1162 for IE3.

Thanks in advance,
Zeppo
--
Please remove the 'XYZ' from my reply address before responding -or-
send email to :

Spam filtering software suggestions for MS Internet Mail and Internet News

Post by rich » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone suggest some good spam filtering software that will work with MS
> Internet Mail and  MS Internet News? I'm using  version 1162 for IE3.

Hi Zeppo,

I use the lowly IEMail Inbox assistant like this:

1) All incoming mail with my name and\or address in TO is
moved to another Folder

2) Anything left in the Inbox is spam.

(This has worked well, since 99% of spam I receive comes
via a Bcc list - meaning that my name or address is not in
the TO line.  Maybe once a week a piece of spam arrives that
has my name and|or address. Otherwise, I never have to see
any spam)

3) Each day on bootup, a batch file deletes the Inbox.mbx and
Inbox.idx files.

del c:\progra~1\intern~1\rich\mail\inbox.idx
del c:\progra~1\intern~1\rich\mail\inbox.mbx

New ones are automatically created when IEMail starts.
--

rich

Richard Jones

Riverside, CA

Post by Rodolfo Orteg » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone suggest some good spam filtering software that will work with
MS
> Internet Mail and  MS Internet News? I'm using  version 1162 for IE3.

> Thanks in advance,
> Zeppo
> --
> Please remove the 'XYZ' from my reply address before responding -or-
> send email to :
>   j  l  r  o  s  e   at   e  r  o  l  s   dot   c  o  m

1. Configure other E-mail software with MS Internet News

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to configure a different e-mail program
than MS Internet Mail, when 'Reply to Author' is selected in the MS
Internet News program.

I am using Pegasus Mail Vers. 2.52 (32bit) exclusively for my e-mail and
therefor would like to be able to use it for the above as well. It kinda
keeps things together.

Any help is appreciated
Torsten Dreier

2. HELP! Loosing mailslot messages when sending to Win95 wks!

3. Suggestions for good Internet mail software???

4. Faster than cable?

5. MSN V2 (UK) ands Internet Mail

6. Hosting A Web Site

7. MS *Mail to Internet mail software

8. ip/ipx Gateway

9. How to use MS Internet Mail on a 95 machine -> proxy -> internet

10. New versions of Internet Mail and Internet News

11. How do I reset Internet Mail and News as Internet Shortcuts?

12. MS Internet Mail and Demon Internet

13. MS Internet Directory down - alternative suggestions?