different Dirs for mailfolders possible?

different Dirs for mailfolders possible?

Post by Peter Berla » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:28:03

hello,

I like to order my mail-folder and -lists like the
following

~/lists
~/lists/debian-lists
~/music/groups
~/music/gigs
etc...

And I like to have these subdirs under ~/mail and
a new message sign in the mutt mail-window
like

N 18  drwxr-xr-x  2 peter peter 4096 Jul 22 17:43 lists/

or something similar, and than open the dir and have the
mail-folder in this dir listed in the mutt-screen..
like I have current under ~/mail, very the mailfolders
a listed...
is this possible in mutt?

sorry, my english is very bad

thanks for help
  Peter

different Dirs for mailfolders possible?

Post by Peter H. Coffi » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:46:06

Quote:> hello,

> I like to order my mail-folder and -lists like the
> following

> ~/lists
> ~/lists/debian-lists
> ~/music/groups
> ~/music/gigs
> etc...

> And I like to have these subdirs under ~/mail and
> a new message sign in the mutt mail-window
> like

> N 18  drwxr-xr-x  2 peter peter 4096 Jul 22 17:43 lists/

> or something similar, and than open the dir and have the
> mail-folder in this dir listed in the mutt-screen..
> like I have current under ~/mail, very the mailfolders
> a listed...
> is this possible in mutt?

Probably. Try this:

List your folders in a mailboxes line in your .muttrc like

mailboxes ! +lists/debian-lists/debian-user +lists/debian-lists/debian-laptop +music/groups/Queen

Then, in mutt, you can hit 'c', which will list the first of those
mailboxes that has new mail. Hitting 'TAB' three times will change to a
list of all the mailbox files, with the display you're looking for.

buffer at start-up, but I don't remember it offhand.

--
14. The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other
    form of last request.

different Dirs for mailfolders possible?

Post by Sven Gucke » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 03:39:51

Quote:> I like to order my mail-folder and -lists like the following

> ~/lists
> ~/lists/debian-lists
> ~/music/groups
> ~/music/gigs
> etc...

"alphabetically"?

Quote:> And I like to have these subdirs under ~/mail and
> a new message sign in the mutt mail-window like
>   N 18  drwxr-xr-x  2 peter peter 4096 Jul 22 17:43 lists/

> or something similar

just vaguely similar?  or very very similar?

Quote:> and than open the dir and have the mail-folder
> in this dir listed in the mutt-screen..
> like I have current under ~/mail,
> very the mailfolders a listed...
> is this possible in mutt?

err... no.

workaround: rename your
folders like "this":

  ~/mail/list.debian
  ~/mail/music.groups
  ~/mail/music.gigs

works for me[tm].

Sven

Post by Sven Gucke » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 03:40:58

> command buffer at start-up, but I don't remember it offhand.

well, you can 'push" it in... but starting up
with "mutt -y" is much much easier, of course.

Sven

Post by Peter Berla » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:44:26

* Peter H. Coffin [Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:46:06 GMT] schrieb:

> mailboxes ! +lists/debian-lists/debian-user +lists/debian-lists/debian-laptop +music/groups/Queen

many thanks, this was exact what I like to do

all the best
  Peter

different Dirs for mailfolders possible?

Post by Peter Berla » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 06:07:29

* Sven Guckes [25 Jul 2003 18:39:51 GMT] schrieb:

Hi Sven,
I've seen Your "mutt-page" before :-)

Quote:>> I like to order my mail-folder and -lists like the following

>> ~/lists
>> ~/lists/debian-lists
>> ~/music/groups
>> ~/music/gigs
>> etc...

> "alphabetically"?

must not, more in order of urgency(?).
Quote:

>> And I like to have these subdirs under ~/mail and
>> a new message sign in the mutt mail-window like
>>   N 18  drwxr-xr-x  2 peter peter 4096 Jul 22 17:43 lists/

>> or something similar

> just vaguely similar?  or very very similar?

only vaguely, but the N if some mail-folder in mail-dir has new
mails in would be fine...
Quote:

>> and than open the dir and have the mail-folder
>> in this dir listed in the mutt-screen..
>> like I have current under ~/mail,
>> very the mailfolders a listed...
>> is this possible in mutt?

> err... no.

> workaround: rename your
> folders like "this":

>   ~/mail/list.debian
>   ~/mail/music.groups
>   ~/mail/music.gigs

> works for me[tm].

hm, thats like i have it had, before i tried Peters idea.
i change my .procmailrc und .muttrc and it works fine for
me.

all the best
  Peter

1. Different queue dirs for different recipient domains?

Hi,

What would be the best way of having mail addressed to different domains
being queued in separate queue directories? (Assuming sendmail is
configured to hold mail for expensive mailers.)

Example:

etc.

The set-up should work for a small number of domains. All other domains
should be treated as per usual.I can see two ways of doing this:

1) Have separate copies of sendmail running, one for each domain, bound to
specific virtual IP interfaces. Point the MX records for the domains to
the appropriate IP number.

2) Have sendmail resolve mail to the domains to a new mailer (via
mailertable). Write this mailer so that it re-invokes sendmail with a -oQ
flag indicating what queue dir to queue in. Only problem with this
approach is the overhead of invoking sendmail for each received mail.

Any pointers would be appreciated,

   --Olof

--

CLEAR Net, CLEAR Communications Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand.

2. IIe emulation card pinouts

3. How to direct mail based on domain to different queue dir?

4. FS: ATARI FALCON, INTERNET READY

5. Installing Full sendmail on Different Dir

6. 3d Q: How to Find Elev on shape?

7. incoming dir / outgoing dir setting, HELP!!

8. Still yet more help with Black Crypt

9. DIFFERENT MAILBOXES?? Is it possible?

10. different pop3 mail box is it possible

11. different sendmail configurations: ppp up/not up possible?

12. two different settings files possible?

13. Is it possible to set up two different inboxes?