import .vcf files

Post by A » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Recently I have got quite a lot of .vcf, vixiting card format, files sent
to me. These files contains name, address, email address and such. How do
I get them into my addressbook?

tia/AQ

import .vcf files

Post by Kathy I. Morg » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Recently I have got quite a lot of .vcf, vixiting card format, files sent
> to me. These files contains name, address, email address and such. How do
> I get them into my addressbook?

Amazing!  Someone who actually wants some of the information from the
pesky critters.  (I filter them straight to the trash.)

What address book are you refering to?  You can create an address book
entry in Eudora by typing Command-K whether or not there is a vcard.

--
Kathy
help for new users of newsgroups at <http://www.ptialaska.net/~kmorgan/>

import .vcf files

Post by A » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > Recently I have got quite a lot of .vcf, vixiting card format, files sent
> > to me. These files contains name, address, email address and such. How do
> > I get them into my addressbook?
> What address book are you refering to?  You can create an address book
> entry in Eudora by typing Command-K whether or not there is a vcard.

Yes, I know that, what I meant was: is there a way to import the .vcf file
into the address book? Opening the files as text and then cutting and
pasting gets rather tedious.

AQ

--
http://www.algonet.se/~anniqat
Newtonbooks, games, postcards...

import .vcf files

Post by Ed Holloma » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > Recently I have got quite a lot of .vcf, vixiting card format, files sent
> > to me. These files contains name, address, email address and such. How do
> > I get them into my addressbook?

> Amazing!  Someone who actually wants some of the information from the
> pesky critters.  (I filter them straight to the trash.)

> What address book are you refering to?  You can create an address book
> entry in Eudora by typing Command-K whether or not there is a vcard.

How did you set up the filter for .vcf attachments? I tried setting one
so if .vcf appeared in the body, it would move the attachment to -
somewhere - but it wouldn't let me move it to the trash.

Thanks,

Ed Holloman

import .vcf files

Post by Kathy I. Morg » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> > Amazing!  Someone who actually wants some of the information from the
> > pesky critters.  (I filter them straight to the trash.)

> > What address book are you refering to?  You can create an address book
> > entry in Eudora by typing Command-K whether or not there is a vcard.

> How did you set up the filter for .vcf attachments? I tried setting one
> so if .vcf appeared in the body, it would move the attachment to -
> somewhere - but it wouldn't let me move it to the trash.

Sorry, my error.  I don't actually filter them straight to the trash--I
send them to a folder labeled "Trash?" and then move them manually.  I
set it up that way originally in case strange things happened and then
never changed it.

--
Kathy

1. Using Eudora and OS X'S Address Book (can Eudora import VCF??)

I've seen several messages that seem to be asking the same question,
both in this forum and elsewhere. I've even posed this question to
Qualcomm support. But I have yet to read an answer..

I think like a lot of users of OS X, I want to use the OS X Address
Book with my email program. I was painfully working with Mail.app for
several months, before I called it quits. (I was able to do this when
Eudora added SSL support to 5.2b) So now I am back on Eudora, but I
don't want to use Eudora's Address Book. I want Eudora to work with the
OS X Address Book like Mail.app does. (If you have to ask why, you
probably shouldn't respond in this thread.)

So, until Eudora builds their program to use the OS X Address Book, a
likely interim solution would be for me to export my Address Book
entries, (they export to a VCF standard file nicely), and then import
them into Eudora's Address Book. I'm really not interested in doing
some manual search and replace with BBEdit, but rather something that I
can periodically do as I update the OS X Address Book and need to
re-sync (overwrite more likely) to Eudora.

Does anyone have a reasonable procedure or tool for this yet?

Thanks..

p.s. Does anyone know if integration with OS X's Address Book is even
planned for a future version of Eudora?

2. Create transparency slides on HP 890c ?

3. Using .vcf files in Eudora or OE

4. Fast memory xfer using DMA. Possible?

5. What are .vcf Files?

6. Allegro and MSVC

7. .vcf files

8. Conner CP3181 Help

9. VCF : virtual card file?

10. Netscape .vcf files

11. Cleantmp.exe & .VCF

12. filter to trash those pesky "vcf" attachments?