8.10.0.Beta6 on HPUX 10.20

Post by Erich Tit » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I tried to compile the new Beta on HPUX 10.20 and got stuck on
vacation.c as it was looking for <paths.h>
which does not seem to exist on this release. Setting -D__SVR4 helped in
getting an object file but linking failed for a missing hard_syslog
entry point which is defined in conf.c of sendmail, but if I try to link
with that object other missing entry points appear, so this is not the
canonical way.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Erich Titl, UBS Messaging Group

8.10.0.Beta6 on HPUX 10.20

Post by Per Hedela » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I tried to compile the new Beta on HPUX 10.20 and got stuck on
>vacation.c as it was looking for <paths.h>
>which does not seem to exist on this release. Setting -D__SVR4 helped in
>getting an object file but linking failed for a missing hard_syslog
>entry point which is defined in conf.c of sendmail, but if I try to link
>with that object other missing entry points appear, so this is not the
>canonical way.

>Any ideas?

requested in the announcement. I think everything should build out of
the box on HPUX 10.x, and if it doesn't it needs to be fixed in the
distribution - and I'm not sure about the proper fix for this...

--Per Hedeland

1. 8.10.1 permissions problem at HPUX 10.20

Hi

I've got an error message starting the 8.10.1 version at HPUX 10.20

at 8.9.3 I have not such problem

here is the syslog error message

JAA17697: SYSERR(root): Can't create transcript file ./xfJAA17697: Permission denied

OK it cannot write in a directory but which one ?

TIA

--
Frank Bonnet

2. THANKS!

3. ACAP und HPUX 10.20

4. Toshiba 2805-s402 issues

5. MH for HPUX 10.20

6. Eudora 1.5.3 deBinhex problems

7. nmh/HPUX 10.20; inc probs

8. Linking to doorbell

9. HPUX 10.20 and Mutt command line

10. Pine exits on 'Compose' ( HPUX 10.20 )

11. Installing Pine on HPUX 10.20

12. Q: Pine 3.96 & HPUX 10.20 Hang Writing File/Sending Mail

13. HPUX B.10.20 & sendmail