Video Flicker & Upside Down

Post by Henry T. Stein, Ph.D » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:52:14

The video image (from my camcorder) on my computer when running
Netmeeting either flickers or is just a solid green field.  The image
received by the other computer is upside down, but does not flicker.
Any idea what is happening?  This does not happen when I am using
iVisit.

=======================================
Henry T. Stein, Ph.D., Director
Alfred Adler Institutes of San Francisco & Northwestern Washington
Distance Training in Classical Adlerian Psychotherapy
Web site: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hstein/

Tel: (360) 935-1661

Video Flicker & Upside Down

Post by neil smit » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:18:16

I often get flicker if I have real player 8 running at the
same time as netmeeting, it appears to use the same video
hooks as netmeeting- is this a possibility?

Are the cameras batteries charged? (only reason I can
think for a green or blue or whatever netmeeting image)

Cheers,
Neil Smith.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.

Video Flicker & Upside Down

Post by Henry T. Stein, Ph.D » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:21:00

I do not run any other video players at the same time.  The camera is
being powered by an AC adapter.

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:18:16 -0700, "neil smith"

=======================================
Henry T. Stein, Ph.D., Director
Alfred Adler Institutes of San Francisco & Northwestern Washington
Distance Training in Classical Adlerian Psychotherapy
Web site: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hstein/

Tel: (360) 935-1661

1. Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Hi,

I use netmeeting (latest 3388 version) with a pinnacle PCTV tv capture
board and a hi-8 camcorder. This gives good picture quality (but it's
big).

The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

I know some people had the same problem but I didn't found an answer on
deja news (hmm, I mean google).

I guess it's just a simple parameter in the registry because when I
installed it on another partition for testing, it has worked for some
time but later the picture was upside down again.

Note that I use this capture board with other programs : many TV apps,
VirtualDub, Studio and never had this problem. It's only with Netmeeting.

Does anyone know a solution ?

(and yes, I put the camcorder upside down on my desk, but this is just a
temporary solution as I cant use a tripod with the camcorder upside down,
and my local monitor view is upside down too, because the upside down
effect only appears on the distant PC).

TIA.

--

2. Exabyte 8505XL

3. Upside down image in remote machine and flicker in local

4. Vim - cindent for VHDL

5. Upside Down Video

6. HELP HELP HELP SAVEAS problem TO LOTUS

7. Video upside down

8. outlook

9. Netmeeting (Video upside down)

10. help me with upside down video

11. upside down video

12. MY VIDEO IS UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!

13. My video is upside down on the other end...