webmail

Post by Juan » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:13:56

Most Web Mail sites are charging for pop3 access (Lycos and Yahoo do it,
too). They used to offer it for free, but it is all changing now.

> I know that this will not make any difference to Microsoft
> but I will send
> it anyway. I am forced to close my MSN account because of
> the underhanded
> and irreversible way that I have been defaulted into a
> Hotmail account vs. a
> pop3 account. I am going to close my MSN account and will
> advise EVERYONE I
> KNOW TO AVOID MSN!!!!
> I will do this for as long as I am unable to option out of
> web-based email. Kind of ridiculous it may seem but I must
> have a pop3 email account at my option. If MSN cannot or
> will not provide me this I have to switch.
> Ed

1. Unable to send email via hotmail or other webmail

Help needed,

I am unable to send email via hotmail or any other internet-based webmail on
my home desktop (P4 2.33Ghz running XP and IE6 & Netscape Navigator).

Click on the new msg button and window pops up fine. Type message and then
click on send and the window simply hangs. Same thing happens when I click
on attach file: it lets me browse locally for file, and then hangs when I
ask it to upload the file onto the message.

I am also unable to submit messages to newsgroups, yet I am able to query
search machines.

FYI: I am able to send emails if I connect my office laptop to the same
dialup, so it's not the ISP.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Glenn

2. Validation of Bound TextBox

3. Webmail look for Exchange

4. Amiga CDROM (non-CDTV)

5. Recall messages from Webmail

6. Help! "invalid copy of PBODB040.DLL"?

7. Netscape based webmail

8. Just got Xbox!!!

9. webmail

10. FREE, web/email forward, webmail, forums, chat, all under your .com address

11. multiple mail receipt after webmail access

12. Eudora 5.1.1 & Eudoramail Webmail Error/Problem

13. EIMS & Remote Webmail Access