Spell Checker in OE fails

Post by Mike Perr » Wed, 14 May 2003 19:03:30

Hi
I run XP Pro with Office 97, etc.  I use OE6 as my mail
client.  The spell checker uses the dictionaries supplied
with Office.  It all worked fine, then ...
With one email it worked all OK but the next it gave an
error message saying
"An error has occured while the spelling was being
checked."
This happens with all email I compose now.
Any ideas how to get the spell checker working again
please?
Reply to my email and assume I have checked the usual.
Thanks, folks

Spell Checker in OE fails

Post by Michael Santove » Thu, 15 May 2003 09:20:52

For Office/Word97 on WinXP, this seems to be the common cause:
Restoring csapi3t1.dll file
How To: Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6
http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html
Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6
okexpress

You can also get to the Outlook Express newsgroups via this web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx
There select Internet Applications then Internet Explorer

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://www.oehelp.com/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm

Quote:> Hi
> I run XP Pro with Office 97, etc.  I use OE6 as my mail
> client.  The spell checker uses the dictionaries supplied
> with Office.  It all worked fine, then ...
> With one email it worked all OK but the next it gave an
> error message saying
> "An error has occured while the spelling was being
> checked."
> This happens with all email I compose now.
> Any ideas how to get the spell checker working again
> please?
> Reply to my email and assume I have checked the usual.
> Thanks, folks

1. OE Spell checker

Attempting to run Outlook Express 6.0 packaged with a
year old version (Ver.2002)of Windows XP, Home Edition &
MS Office '97. Spell Checker will not work.
I have reviewed this BB as well as MS Knowledge Base
Articles for related info.(including Q224176 & Q308078).
I've made minor changes to to my Registry to no avail.

Is it safe to assume that OE 6.0 is not compatible with
Office '97? Does anyone know if MS has a fix in the works?
Thanks,
Ray

2. WTB: Slim leather carrying case

3. Spell checker OE 6.0

4. How to prevent an app from appearing in the task bar?

5. Spell Checker in OE 5.50

6. oxm sucks

7. O.E. Spell Checker Problems

8. Wanted - Home for hot FRP Game base

9. Spell checker/correct spelling

10. No spell checker in Outlook Express 6

11. spell checker

12. Blocked senders/spell checker

13. Spell Checker greyed out