Cannot resolve IP addresses with named daemon running.

Cannot resolve IP addresses with named daemon running.

Post by JFAX Informati » Sun, 11 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Need some help getting Sendmail v.5 to go on an Internet connection. It does
not resolve IP addresses with the named daemon running. Incoming mail cannot
resolve the IP address.

Can anyone help?

1. SMTP cannot resolve my domain name

I just adjusted our Solaris 2.51 sendmail to receive email for another
domain.My old sendmail configration is:
Lmmaildomain
Dj$w.$m
And I changed it like following:
Lmmaildomain
Cwmydomain.com anotherdomain.com
Dj$w
And I also tried to change Cw item to be:
Cwhostname.mydomain.com hostname.anotherdomain.com
But both above I failed. The error report is "the mail loops back to
myself."
So I have to give up,and changed the sendmail configration to as same as the
old. But when I reboot the machine,en error ocurr,it said:"SMTP can't
resolve your domain name".
Are there anybody can help me? What happens and how I solve it? And how can
I manage it to receive email for another domain to use Solaris 2.51?

Thanks in advance

                                      Mike

2. WANTED: Local Talk Card for an Imagewritter II Printer

3. Cannot resolve host name for outgoing mail

4. XML Encode

5. old problem - Cannot resolve your domain name

6. macdraw to postscript

7. check_mail cannot resolve hostnames, but they resolve

8. WANTED: WE BUY AND SELL USED TELEPHONE SYSTEMS AND PARTS.

9. How to configure sendmail when addressing by IP addresses (user@[ip-address-of-sendmail-host])?

10. Resolve Decimal IP Addresses with this Simple C Program

11. E-mail address question: ip address in place of host name?

12. PP cannot resolve your address.

13. Resolving an IP Address.