Automating Internet Mail

Post by Lindsay McCan » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I am still trying, without success, to get Internet Mail to run
automatically, collect my mail, and shut itself down, every hour or so.

DUNCE will not do it because IM is launched as a subset of Explorer.
System Agent will not do it either, probably for the same reason.

Can anyone suggest a method to accomplish this.  It has to both start
automatically (easy) and shut itself down automatically (very not easy, it
seems).

If someone reading this has technical knowledge they are able to share
about IM's command line options, I would love to know it.  Certainly the
Microsoft Knowledge  Base has a bit of a memory lapse or something on this
subject, and it ain't too easy to find technical documentation on this
product.  I think it is a "black box" for all intents and purposes.

Thanks, Lindsay

Automating Internet Mail

Post by Sean Whitt » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

If you really need this feature, you might want to try Outlook Express,
which eliminates the need for DUNCE with the ISDN Accelerator Pack, and is
now an .exe file. OE is IMN 2.0, and is available with the IE4PP at:

http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ie40/download.

Be sure to backup before you install. Good luck.
--

g.com>...

Quote:>I am still trying, without success, to get Internet Mail to run
>automatically, collect my mail, and shut itself down, every hour or so.

>DUNCE will not do it because IM is launched as a subset of Explorer.
>System Agent will not do it either, probably for the same reason.

>Can anyone suggest a method to accomplish this.  It has to both start
>automatically (easy) and shut itself down automatically (very not easy,
it
>seems).

>If someone reading this has technical knowledge they are able to share
>about IM's command line options, I would love to know it.  Certainly the
>Microsoft Knowledge  Base has a bit of a memory lapse or something on
this
>subject, and it ain't too easy to find technical documentation on this
>product.  I think it is a "black box" for all intents and purposes.

>Thanks, Lindsay

Automating Internet Mail

Post by Davi » Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am still trying, without success, to get Internet Mail to run
> automatically, collect my mail, and shut itself down, every hour or so.

> DUNCE will not do it because IM is launched as a subset of Explorer.
> System Agent will not do it either, probably for the same reason.

> Can anyone suggest a method to accomplish this.  It has to both start
> automatically (easy) and shut itself down automatically (very not easy,
it
> seems).

     You can launch IM separate from IE. I have a shortcut icon on my
desktop to do that. Unfortunately, It's real difficult to find exactly
where to point the shortcut. My properties for it has some long string
which I can try to send you if you'd like, which you can try to use to run
thru DUNCE.

--
David

----
My GOD is bigger then your GOD
----

Automating Internet Mail

Post by Sean Whitt » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

DUNCE is a program for automating your DUN connection and much more. DUNCE
is available at http://www.vecdev.com/dunce.html.
--

Microsoft MVP

>Could you please explain DUNCE? I know DUN.

Automating Internet Mail

Post by Jon T. Reede » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Could you please explain DUNCE? I know DUN.

1. Automating Internet Mail

I am using Internet Mail that comes with I.E. 3.02

I am going on vacation

I would like to leave my computer on and have it daily:
        Connect to the internet through my ISP
        Get any new mail
        Disconnect from the internet.

Can I automate this? I have tried and looked around to no avail.

Thanks

Jay

2. Toolbar support for AucTeX

3. Automating mail retreival every 30 minutes using Internet Mail with dialup modem.

4. SqlServer process ID ....

5. Automating e-mail by MS Internet Mail

6. Atari Online News, Etc. #05-07

7. Automated 'In-Lining' of Mime Attachments When Viewing Internet Mail Messages ?

8. An automated Internet emailer (NOT spam)?

9. How can I get Win3.1 Internet mail boxes in win95 Internet mail?

10. Automate sending mails

11. Automated Mail checking

12. Automated Mail Reposting