Problems with "bang" addresses & rewrite rules

Problems with "bang" addresses & rewrite rules

Post by Curtis L. Ols » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I have a perplexing problem here that I'm not sure how to handle.

I want to be able to pass off any uucp addresses to our university's
uucp relay host.

When I generated the sendmail.cf file I used the following lines:

    define(`UUCP_RELAY', `relay.tc.umn.edu')dnl
    MASQUERADE_AS(me.umn.edu)dnl

I didn't use (should I have?):

    MAILER(uucp)dnl

Anyways, when ever I send email to machine!user, sendmail rewrites the

right back to our mail hub.  Our sendmail looks at the address, adds

etc. etc. etc. etc. until the mail loop is mercifully killed.

Also if I send email to a_real_local_machine!user (i.e. kenai!curt) it
would be nice if it would get delivered correctly.  Instead it also
behaves as described above.

unchanged.  Any ideas?

Hopefully my lack of sendmail understanding shows through so someone
will have pity on me and tell me what to do. :-)

Thanks in advance,

Curt.
--

Try Linux!     WWW:    http://www.menet.umn.edu/~curt

1. Rewriting unqualified names in "To:" & "Cc:" headers

Hello,

I'm trying to configure my mail hub to append only the domain
name to unqualified recipient addresses listed in the "To:"
and "Cc:" headers.  Currently my mail hub is rewriting unqualified

I've tried to use the smtp delivery agent "C" flag:

Msmtp,    P=[IPC],   F=CmDFMuX
Mesmtp,   P=[IPC],   F=CmDFMuX

but that didn't work.

Also, I tried to use the following definition in my site.mc file

 DOMAIN(domainname)dnl
 MASQUERADE_AS(domainname)dnl
 MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(host.domainname)
 FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
 FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl

But that also didn't work.

My next step is to hack the sendmail rule set 3 but I'm not an
expert at the sendmail rulesets.  Any help or pointers are
appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter Tran

2. TreeView desperation: working with more than one HTC

3. Rewriting "from" based on "to" address ( not a newbie question )

4. Disabling Internet Explorer

5. "@" in outgoing address changing to "-" or "#"

6. Disappearing "\"

7. Sendmail problems "relay denied" & "Service Unavailable"

8. "T <regex>" Before ";d' & "$", whichOnesARE tagged?

9. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"

10. Rewriting "From:" "Return-Path" (Please Help)

11. Rewriting "From:" but not "From "

12. rewriting "From:" and/or inserting "Reply-To:"