Using MH-style folders as incoming folders?

Using MH-style folders as incoming folders?

Post by Steve » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Can MH-style folders be used as incoming folders?  I have tried
identifiying MH-style folders with the "incoming-folders" paramter,
but when I press the Tab key from my INBOX, Pine doesn't move to the
MH-style folders that contain new messages.  Is this possible?

--
    Steve Coile           P a t r i o t  N e t      Systems Engineering

Using MH-style folders as incoming folders?

Post by Mark Crispi » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Can MH-style folders be used as incoming folders?  I have tried
> identifiying MH-style folders with the "incoming-folders" paramter,
> but when I press the Tab key from my INBOX, Pine doesn't move to the
> MH-style folders that contain new messages.  Is this possible?

MH style folders can be used as incoming folders; however, MH format does
maintain enough state to support new mail checking.  The MH support in
Pine is strictly for compatibility purposes; it is not recommended for any
other purpose.  MH does not support the capabilities needed for full Pine
functionality.