Need wildcard rule to check username in address

Need wildcard rule to check username in address

Post by Steven Schmid » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:26:04

Hi All,

Don't know if this can be done. Have searched through the various doc's on
sendmail but can't find anything.

I need to be able to test the TO address's username. I have setup the follow
and it does a single address and works fine

Now, what I really want to do is catch everything with "test" in the
username including "123test", "asetest" etc.

Have found some wildcards to use ($+, $-, $*) but they don't seem to support
partial wildcards,
(at least from what I can see) and will only match the entire token.

Any ideas.

cheers
Steve.

Post by Jan Kruege » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 22:15:52

: I need to be able to test the TO address's username. I have setup the follow
: and it does a single address and works fine

: Now, what I really want to do is catch everything with "test" in the
: username including "123test", "asetest" etc.

Compile sendmail with regex support and match the localpart against a
regular expression. Find an example implementation at

        http://www.digitalanswers.org/check_local/

Jan
---

www.digitalanswers.de | Lister Meile 33  30161 Hannover  Germany