Transferring Mail between systems

Post by Keith Kno » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Sorry, this is a newbie question...
I have a RedHat 5.1 Linux server with Sendmail 8.8.7 configured and
running/working.  I also have a HP-UX K210 server with HP-UX 10.0 with
Sendmail 8.7.1 configured and running/working.  Both are delivering
mail locally on their own system.  I would like to have mail delivered
to one or the other server so all users can access their mail from
only one place and not have to look everywhere for mail...

Any help, please?
Keith Knohl

Transferring Mail between systems

Post by felicity+s.. » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> to one or the other server so all users can access their mail from
> only one place and not have to look everywhere for mail...

do both systems have the same users?  If so, just configure one of the
systems to send all mail to the other system (look into the nullclient
feature), and tell the receiving system to accept mail for both.

--
To reply via mail, please remove the obvious from the email address.

1. Transferring messages across Operating Systems

I recently installed a new operating system on my laptop
and I want to transfer my messages (I have quite a few)
into my new Outlook Express.  I have tried exporing them
from the old operating system (Windows ME) but they are
not accessible when I change to my new operating system
(Windows Pro 2000).

How do I do this?

Mary

2. 1996 Mentor users group meeting

3. Transferring QMail to a new system

4. Verify on BM 1.1 formatted tape

5. How to transfer binary file via Email system

6. chopped video after 4 secs

7. Route all mail to system to specific user on other system

8. transfer mail from Internet mail to another mail client

9. 16Bit IE3.0 Mail to 32Bit IE3.02 Mail how to transfer existing e-mails/folders

10. very slow DATA transfers between mail client and mail hub

11. name@system.domain --> gateway!name@system.domain

12. The email-exchange system in the large computer system