Pine 3.96 hangs on connection with pop server

Pine 3.96 hangs on connection with pop server

Post by ?ystein Skundber » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I finally got Pine 3.96 to connect to my pop3 server, but then it only
got old messages, and in the end it didn't get anything, it seems to
hang when downloading new messages. Has it something to do with old
messages on server? Everything works fine with the mail in Netscape 3.0

(I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but..humour me,
please)

I haven't been able to compile v 4.x either. Does it exist precompiled
somewhere? It would really make my ..week.

?ystein Skundberg

1. Q: Pine 3.96 & HPUX 10.20 Hang Writing File/Sending Mail

In short...
I've a HPUX 10.20 system with pine 3.96.  Whenever I send a mail or
try to save mail to the Fcc file the process hangs.  I can't even
kill -9 to make it go away from anotehr window.  Any ideas?

In a bit more detail...
Digging through the pine-forum archive, I found mention of disable-busy-alarm
which seemed to help in the sending issue.  And making default-fcc="" seems
to have "solved" the hang-while-writing-to-fcc file, by disabling this
feature.  However, I would like to be able to have a fcc file.  Has anyone
found the difficulty and a solution/patch for this issue?

I think I can live with "disalbe-busy-alarm" as it doesn't seem to have an
effect on the actual operation.  However the default-fcc="" bit is a
user-noticeable "solution" which I'd like to avoid.

Any thoughts welcome...thanks all.